Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: securing pedal board?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Calwaterbear
so on my 72 1.7 the board that goes over the pedal set was completely shot, i scavenged one from a junkyard car, then used it as a template to make my own out of plywood - and preserved it with several coats of polyurathane.

so time to put it back in the car - and I'm having trouble remembering how I took it out originally.

The 1/2 moon cutout on the left side - thats no problem it's held by the metal tab secured by the bolt going through it and into the threads on the floor.

and the scooped cut out above the clutch cut out - I assume thats for clearance of the wiring harness - correct?

can any one tell me about/ why the 2 oblong cuts on either side of the clutch cut out?

and on the right side? I have a hole there the size of a nickle, but its over the opening in the tunnel - I don't see any place to secure it - is there some sort of mounting system I am unaware of?

Thanks in advance

CWB
dr914@autoatlanta.com
clutch stop plate bolts into the oblong holes, a round clamp goes on the right side with an allen and the allen screws into the black center tunnel access plate

QUOTE(Calwaterbear @ May 26 2018, 09:24 AM) *

so on my 72 1.7 the board that goes over the pedal set was completely shot, i scavenged one from a junkyard car, then used it as a template to make my own out of plywood - and preserved it with several coats of polyurathane.

so time to put it back in the car - and I'm having trouble remembering how I took it out originally.

The 1/2 moon cutout on the left side - thats no problem it's held by the metal tab secured by the bolt going through it and into the threads on the floor.

and the scooped cut out above the clutch cut out - I assume thats for clearance of the wiring harness - correct?

can any one tell me about/ why the 2 oblong cuts on either side of the clutch cut out?

and on the right side? I have a hole there the size of a nickle, but its over the opening in the tunnel - I don't see any place to secure it - is there some sort of mounting system I am unaware of?

Thanks in advance

CWB

Calwaterbear
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ May 26 2018, 10:04 AM) *

clutch stop plate bolts into the oblong holes, a round clamp goes on the right side with an allen and the allen screws into the black center tunnel access plate

ah crap George, so now I have to figure out if i actually have the clutch stop plate in my boxes of spare/ scavenged parts
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Calwaterbear @ May 26 2018, 10:11 AM) *

ah crap George, so now I have to figure out if i actually have the clutch stop plate in my boxes of spare/ scavenged parts

you will find it, silver rectangular metal bracket with two studs and a small rubber stop
troth
Took some crappy pics of my 75 car for you. I think it’s the same as the early cars.
You might have to push the center gauge cluster housing out of the way to access the bolt on the right (if you have one).

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
9fourteen14
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ May 26 2018, 01:40 PM) *

QUOTE(Calwaterbear @ May 26 2018, 10:11 AM) *

you will find it, silver rectangular metal bracket with two studs and a small rubber stop

i got my metal plate out but still cannot get the board out.
i want to get to the junction of the brake light F 54 on schematic. my reverse lights are not working. i have 74 2.0. see pictures below
TheCabinetmaker
Board is held in by the two screws with the dimpled washers, on the left and right.
9fourteen14
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Jun 3 2018, 01:28 PM) *

Board is held in by the two screws with the dimpled washers, on the left and right.

awesome thanx so much got it... and fixed the reverse lights... it was that join at F 54 the connection was not made. all i did was puch the 3 prong connector onto the switch.

thanx so much
914 luva
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.