Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dyno Run
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sharper
I finally know what the output of my engine is after all these years. This is without any tuning. Now I just need to find someone who can tune it for the 3.5l piston and cylinders and evo cams that are in there.Click to view attachment
tazz9924
Nice, but its not 200hp biggrin.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(tazz9924 @ May 29 2018, 05:06 PM) *

Nice, but its not 200hp biggrin.gif

looks close to me,you can sell the spike when the rpm limiter cuts in,so I'am presuming its a hot rod six ?
Only guessing ? but do too much of that av-943.gif lol-2.gif .
falcor75
Would be interesting to see the lambda curve overlaid on the graph to get an idea what the dip between 5 and 6 k depends on.
porschetub
We still don't know what motor it is ?.
sharper
QUOTE(porschetub @ May 29 2018, 02:21 AM) *

We still don't know what motor it is ?.

It's a Porsche 6 cylinder. It is a 3.2l base engine but they guy who I bought it from said he used piston and cylinders to make it 3.5l and twin plugged it. Still has the stock computer system and programming.
wndsrfr
QUOTE(falcor75 @ May 28 2018, 09:51 PM) *

Would be interesting to see the lambda curve overlaid on the graph to get an idea what the dip between 5 and 6 k depends on.

agree.gif get the data they stored on the runs and print out the air/fuel lambda curve on the chart....nice flat torque profile but shouldn't dip off...could prolly go to 6800 safely also....
sharper
QUOTE(wndsrfr @ May 29 2018, 08:11 AM) *

agree.gif get the data they stored on the runs and print out the air/fuel lambda curve on the chart....nice flat torque profile but shouldn't dip off...could prolly go to 6800 safely also....

Not sure they have that. It was just a promotional day where they did three quick runs. They only tapped into the MSD box to get the tach reading.
falcor75
QUOTE(wndsrfr @ May 29 2018, 02:11 PM) *

Yes if it's a 3,5 with 3,2 fueling you are probably a bit lean where the curves dip, you should be able to get that taken care of. I'm not sure if Steve Wong has something or not, I used his chip in my 964 and got 252 hp at the wheels.
JmuRiz
QUOTE(falcor75 @ May 29 2018, 06:22 AM) *

Yes if it's a 3,5 with 3,2 fueling you are probably a bit lean where the curves dip, you should be able to get that taken care of. I'm not sure if Steve Wong has something or not, I used his chip in my 964 and got 252 hp at the wheels.

agree.gif
With a proper tune, that engine will really wake up! Area under the curve and peak should increase. Check with Steve and tell him the specs of your c:r and cam and you should get a boost. He may suggest new injectors too.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ May 29 2018, 11:46 AM) *

QUOTE(falcor75 @ May 29 2018, 06:22 AM) *

agree.gif
With a proper tune, that engine will really wake up! Area under the curve and peak should increase. Check with Steve and tell him the specs of your c:r and cam and you should get a boost. He may suggest new injectors too.

That motor is underdeveloped. My first impression was WTF is going on between 5-6K HP? That HP curve should not be dipping in the middle of the run. Best possible solution would be to bring it out to Steve and have him tune it on the Dyno and burn a custom chip. But calling him will get you into the ballpark.
Others are probably right, I’d guess you’re going lean in that dip.
A stock well-tuned 3.2 will do 165-170 peak HP with driveline losses. You’ve probably got 10-15 HP waiting for you. Plus, that dip is dangerous for the motor if it is going lean. sad.gif
sharper
Thanks for all the suggestions. I knew it needed to be tuned for my set up and this was just the baseline to start.
burton73
Get a custom Steve Wong chip and you will increase the power by 30-35 HP and it will just feel better.

Bob B
driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif w00t.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.