Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 74 914 1.8 Signal Orange
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
KYROBI
I bought the car in '98 and never got around to fixing the hell hole. The car is intact except for the carpet, seats, rocker panel and battery tray to asses rust. The electrical system is intact and works. The engine I am sure turns over. It would not start so I took it to a shop around 2000. They were more clueless than I was so I changed the ignition switch myself and got the car to start but it backfired so it stopped messing with it.
I learned a lot fixing VW mk2 Jettas with CIS-E since then and I know it is an hour or two tops away from starting. Not selling a dream . Just being honest about the motors condition.
It has the original EFI ,center console, original paint. I believe the engine matches. I have the title. I had all the repair records from Porsche but they faded. The transmission works. It did leaks a small amount of oil. It ran well when I drove it. Mechanically it was in great shape that is is why I purchased it but I don't do body repair.
The The inner rocker on the passenger side is rusted and the edges of the floorpan and inner firewall. The car does not sag with the top off. The trunk was treated for surface rust. Before I bought it.
I can get better pictures If there is interest.
Thanks

$6000, make offer
914z
QUOTE(KYROBI @ Jun 2 2018, 03:11 PM) *

I bought the car in '98 and never got around to fixing the hell hole. The car is intact except for the carpet, seats, rocker panel and battery tray to asses rust. The electrical system is intact and works. The engine I am sure turns over. It would not start so I took it to a shop around 2000. They were more clueless than I was so I changed the ignition switch myself and got the car to start but it backfired so it stopped messing with it.
I learned a lot fixing VW mk2 Jettas with CIS-E since then and I know it is an hour or two tops away from starting. Not selling a dream . Just being honest about the motors condition.
It has the original EFI ,center console, original paint. I believe the engine matches. I have the title. I had all the repair records from Porsche but they faded. The transmission works. It did leaks a small amount of oil. It ran well when I drove it. Mechanically it was in great shape that is is why I purchased it but I don't do body repair.
The The inner rocker on the passenger side is rusted and the edges of the floorpan and inner firewall. The car does not sag with the top off. The trunk was treated for surface rust. Before I bought it.
I can get better pictures If there is interest.
Thanks

$6000, make offer

pics?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.