Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sail panel bottom trim hole size?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914xr75
I'm trying to find out the size of the four holes that fit the bottom bright trim on the sail panel. If anyone can help me out with their calipers I'd appreciate it. My car does not have the appearance group but I really like the look of the vinyl. ThanksClick to view attachment
76-914
QUOTE(914xr75 @ Jun 9 2018, 09:30 AM) *

I'm trying to find out the size of the four holes that fit the bottom bright trim on the sail panel. If anyone can help me out with their calipers I'd appreciate it. My car does not have the appearance group but I really like the look of the vinyl. ThanksClick to view attachment

Not much to offer up to your question but...............if your using the new clips for Sierra Madre you will need to increase the OEM hole size 2 or 3 sizes. Otherwise you will ruin that small trim piece. Ask me how I know. mad.gif
914xr75
Thanks for the info. I'm actually using original Porsche clips. I was trying to avoid buying multiple sizes of drill bits.
cn2800
I measured all of mine with a digital micrometer, and got a range from 5.1 to 5.3 millimeters.
914xr75
I just came back to my post to add the answer to this question and found out that someone came to my rescue. Thank you so much cn2800. Awesome. 5 mm is what I figured out. I'm sure if I put a caliper to my new holes they'd be the same range you have. Thanks again. Hopefully I can help you out one day with an answer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.