Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wondering if Anyone's Bought the FAT P&C Set
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Highland
I was just wondering if anyone has bought this P&C set from FAT and have an opinion. FAT says the cylinders are not AA, but from their "own supplier".

https://fatperformance-rimco.com/collection...on-cylinder-set

Also, is it better to buy the KB pistons and cylinders from the same supplier (e.g. FAT or EWM) than from 2 separate suppliers?
Mark Henry
Since FAT and Rimco are now the same ownership the cylinder may be bored stock.

KB pistons it doesn't matter who you get them from EMW still gets a cut, as they are the originators/suppliers and have an exclusive contract with KB to produce them. EMW also has the same exclusive rights to the T4 JE pistons.
The KB T4 pistons are a modified pin Ford Pinto piston.
JOEPROPER
I bought my 96mm p+c from FAT/RIMCO. Everything went together nicely but have not yet installed or run the engine yet. Hopeful to be able to report back with startup results soon.
porschetub
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 13 2018, 04:51 AM) *

Since FAT and Rimco are now the same ownership the cylinder may be bored stock.

KB pistons it doesn't matter who you get them from EMW still gets a cut, as they are the originators/suppliers and have an exclusive contract with KB to produce them. EMW also has the same exclusive rights to the T4 JE pistons.
The KB T4 pistons are a modified pin Ford Pinto piston.

Great info Mark makes sense ,IMO its a well priced option for good parts, I still can't decide on what I read about the AA kits ,earlier they had piston ring gap issues and some said the rings weren't that good,so I find it interesting to see some sell still with US made rings and pistons confused24.gif .
914Sixer
I used AA 96mm Biral (aluminum fins with steel barrel) and KB pistons with Hastings rings.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.