Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear sway bar orientation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
troth
Is the up side in this picture forward? Want to confirm so I can get in right the first time.

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Correct with bar facing the rear and drop links to the shock tower.
troth
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jun 24 2018, 02:01 PM) *

Correct with bar facing the rear and drop links to the shock tower.

beerchug.gif
914Toy
QUOTE(troth @ Jun 24 2018, 10:40 AM) *

Is the up side in this picture forward? Want to confirm so I can get in right the first time.

Click to view attachment

Not certain, but I think your bar in the picture is upside down.
Dave_Darling
It's pretty obvious when you get it under the car. The long part of the bar goes up against the trunk floor, then the arms of the bar go toward where the back of the trailing arms are.

The bends in the middle of the bar go up toward the trunk floor in order to make sure there is clearance for the transmission.

--DD
David Billo
OP pic is correct...the first bend in the arms, after coming out of the straightaway, curves upwards. (had to go out to the garage and look at mine to confirm)
rgalla9146
QUOTE(troth @ Jun 24 2018, 01:40 PM) *

Click to view attachment

The picture is correct with the droop of the side arm down toward the floor and the link balls forward.
Put it in upside down ? the curved arms will hit the floor crossmember over bad bumps.
Also if you find it upside down you'll have to remove the muffler to fix it.
I recently corrected it on a friends car.
Larmo63
It looks upside down to me too.

I thought that the arms curved down. It really only works one way in the car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.