Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel pressure test.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Michael N
I am trouble shooting a fuel injection system and need to know when adjusting the fuel pressure @28psi, should I be getting that reading with the starter turning or just with the ignition turned on so the fuel pump turns on.

Thanks,

Michael
ClayPerrine
Just hotwire the fuel pump (jumper the relay) and set the fuel pressure. The pump is electric,so it doesn't matter if the engine is running or not. But it's easier to do without worring about the running engine.

Michael N
Let me start by saying, Yes, I know I am an idiot. When I test with the fuel pump on it will only read max 20 psi on the fuel pressure gauge. I can not adjust the fuel pressure regulator to read any higher. If I test with the starter turning the pressure will jump much higher.
Bleyseng
I usually check it with the motor running, hooking up the gauge on the pressure side of the fuel lines....
Michael N
Thanks for the replys....I was able to get it set properly. Still not the problem but I'll continue to work on it.

Smellin' gas all day has me lightheaded....MUST TAKE BREAK NOW!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.