Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New type 4/4cyl mufflers various flavors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
mb911
Pm me on who is interested in one for a 1.7 either this style or a standard outlet. I will get you the best price possible as this will be intro priced for some the 1st beta testers.
dcheek
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 21 2019, 03:15 PM) *

if you could make an exact copy of the factory 75 76 muffler that would sell for sure.

Since the original and repoped mufflers aren't available for '75 or '76 model year you would certainly have a lock on the market. I can also stop welding up mine for the umpteenth time if you make one for me.

Dave
mb911
QUOTE(dcheek @ Mar 7 2019, 02:28 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 21 2019, 03:15 PM) *

if you could make an exact copy of the factory 75 76 muffler that would sell for sure.

Since the original and repoped mufflers aren't available for '75 or '76 model year you would certainly have a lock on the market. I can also stop welding up mine for the umpteenth time if you make one for me.

Dave

Would possibly do one if I had a sample
johnhora
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 7 2019, 01:29 PM) *

QUOTE(johnhora @ Mar 7 2019, 03:26 PM) *

Very nice Ben...
I have just the right size test platform (914) available if needed.
It was recently added to the "team"

Wow, pretty car.

Thanks Mark!
Riviera Blue L39E
Purchased this little 74' to sort out and sell.
But not sure my wife will let me...she loves the color...(I do too)
reminds her of a 928 we had that she loved to drive...it was Iris Blau sort of close in color. biggrin.gif
Freezin 914
Hey Ben, I have a factory 2.0 muffler I will not be using for a bit. I can borrow it to you. I could bring it down. Still have that harness if you still need it. You can pm me, or call/text. Cheers.
mb911
QUOTE(Freezin 914 @ Mar 7 2019, 07:55 PM) *

Hey Ben, I have a factory 2.0 muffler I will not be using for a bit. I can borrow it to you. I could bring it down. Still have that harness if you still need it. You can pm me, or call/text. Cheers.

@Freezin 914 that would be awesome
mb911
Gonna offer the Sport style 1.7 muffler at $770 and the stock tail pipe location at $675. Let me know who is interested. These will go to $850 and 750 respectively after the initial launch.. Yes I know they are not cheap .. Sorry hardly any margins in these.
Optimusglen
A little update to the thread. I worked with Ben to get my muffler and finally got it set. We worked on some fitment stuff for mine so I'm sure he'll take that info to help refine them.

my car: 1971 with a 1911. Stock 1.7 heat exchangers converted to headers, dual Webers.

I'll try to make this clear, I understand that not everyone will read this, but yes I am going to get a good video with sound. It's a busy week so I'm not sure when, but it'll happen. And even though I said this I'm sure there's going to be someone who suggests the novel idea of getting a video. idea.gif lol-2.gif

My thoughts on it: overall it sounds great. At idle it still sounds like a type-4 of course. Not too loud, you can hear the drivetrain clacking away still and you don't have to worry about getting noise complaints from neighbors. Cruising with light throttle it sounds great, gives the 1911 some grunt. WOT is really great, very harmonious with the Weber velocity stacks. WOT to off-throttle there's a nice hum.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
mb911
Can't wait for the sound clips and video's. Glen it was a pleasure working with you on this. I appreciate all of your help
Superhawk996
I heard a rumor that Ben might be working up a 2.0L muffler. Can't wait to see it. piratenanner.gif
mepstein
I've always felt Ben's exhaust was worth the price just for the looks. Better sound and performance is just a bonus. I bet it's half the weight of stock.
mb911
2.0 flanges are being laser cut and a perfect sample muffler.. Will take pre orders on 4 In 1 out mufflers intro priced.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jun 6 2019, 04:48 PM) *

2.0 flanges are being laser cut and a perfect sample muffler.. Will take pre orders on 4 In 1 out mufflers intro priced.

Stock outlet I assume? I’m in if stock location.
mb911
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Jun 6 2019, 01:35 PM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Jun 6 2019, 04:48 PM) *

Stock outlet I assume? I’m in if stock location.

Yes stock outlet is first.

Let me know as we will take deposits of $100 to make sure we have committed folks this will be a 4-6 week build time as flanges are 2-3 weeks out as I just approved the drawings yesterday for laser cutting.
Sea Rooster
Interested in one for a 73 2.0

I haven't seen a price in the thread. Can you share?
mb911
$695 .. Lighter then stock all stainless construction, all TIG welded and laser cuts.
maf914
Ben, is there any chance you can show a few photos and/or a sound clip of the 4-in-1-out 2.0L muffler before requesting deposits?
mb911
QUOTE(maf914 @ Jun 8 2019, 04:00 AM) *

Ben, is there any chance you can show a few photos and/or a sound clip of the 4-in-1-out 2.0L muffler before requesting deposits?

Mike sorry nonr to be had. There is a couple folks that have the sport mufflers and working on sound clips.. I don't have a type 4 myself so no way to make a sound clip myself.. A little bit of this is faith I know but it is internally the same exact design I did on my 914-6 2 in 1 out group buy so a copy if the original porsche design with a little larger tubing for a little more flow.. Other then that it is a focus on a quality light weight stainless version of the heavy stock muffler. Regular retail will be $850 just as my 914-6 models are.

Sorry not the answer you wanted but it is what it is..
mb911
Flanges will be in week after next. Have 1 confirmed order. Also going to make some 912E mufflers and having those flanges cut at the same time if you know anyone looking..
Optimusglen
I started out with noble intentions, my wife has several employees that do audio and video and they have a pretty relaxed work environment typically, so I told Ben that I would get some good video of my muffler once it was mounted up, to give you guys a sound clip. Well, they got hammered with a bunch of projects so I didn't feel right asking them to do it, so you're stuck with what I can record.

I know I say it in the vid, but my car is a 1911 with factory heat exchangers (stripped to bare headers) running dual Weber 40's. Please don't count my "um's" and "ah's", haha, I'm not one to make video blogs.

As I mentioned, sounds great on the street, neighbors all still talk to me. Intake noise from the Webers overpowers the exhaust at WOT, but the exhaust sound picks up where the Webers fail at idle and cruising. Really a good harmony.

I am going to try and get some exterior take-off and drive-by shots this afternoon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cOG16WVVb0
ovation919
I would be interested in one for my 1974 2.0
mb911
Flanges are in and planning to make the 1st production 4 in 1 out this week.
Superhawk996
piratenanner.gif - can't wait to get mine!

Not that I really need it right now. sad.gif

I still haven't finished fixing chassis and I have two engines that need rebuilding.

mb911
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Jul 13 2019, 10:19 AM) *

piratenanner.gif - can't wait to get mine!

Not that I really need it right now. sad.gif

I still haven't finished fixing chassis and I have two engines that need rebuilding.

Don't worry it will be end of next or the following..
Superhawk996
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jul 13 2019, 02:39 PM) *

Don't worry it will be end of next or the following..

Not worried at all. Just glad to see someone like you making a nice exhaust out of stainless.

I'd love to do one out of Titanium for the weight save but let's face it. My welding skills are no match for yours. Also lets face it - I have higher priorities -- like putting this car back together!
mb911
Still can make these to order let me know if anyone needs one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.