Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How much is a POS 911t worth?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nomedulla
I have the opportunity to purchase an all original 1969 911T. Matching VIN/Engine.
The shell is more rust than chassis, but comes with a replacement Porsche pan, not aftermarket pan.
It has the a 2.0 6 cylinder engine, its all there and been pulled from the car, just been sitting, in a garage... for a very long time.
Comes with title.
I am interested in it for the 2.0-6 aspect, as this was the same motor they made the 914-6 with, if I am not mistaken?
Asking price is $2K.
Seeking serious input with regard to the value.

Thanks!
SirAndy
Nice ones go anywhere from $50k to $100k+ ...
shades.gif
Tbrown4x4
For $2K, why is it not in your garage already?
Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(nomedulla @ Jun 30 2018, 01:54 PM) *

I have the opportunity to purchase an all original 1969 911T. Matching VIN/Engine.
The shell is more rust than chassis, but comes with a replacement Porsche pan, not aftermarket pan.
It has the a 2.0 6 cylinder engine, its all there and been pulled from the car, just been sitting, in a garage... for a very long time.
Comes with title.
I am interested in it for the 2.0-6 aspect, as this was the same motor they made the 914-6 with, if I am not mistaken?
Asking price is $2K.

Thanks!

Where did you say it's at? sunglasses.gif
rgalla9146
QUOTE(nomedulla @ Jun 30 2018, 04:54 PM) *

Comes with title.
Asking price is $2K.

Thanks!

Don't do it.
You'll probably find a MUCH better deal tomorrow.
Wait for a 2.4S for about a $1000.
jmitro
um yeah, that's probably worth 4-5 times the asking price as it is described
SixerJ
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jun 30 2018, 11:25 PM) *

QUOTE(nomedulla @ Jun 30 2018, 04:54 PM) *

Comes with title.
Asking price is $2K.

Thanks!

Don't do it.
You'll probably find a MUCH better deal tomorrow.
Wait for a 2.4S for about a $1000.

Found one... lol-2.gif

Click to view attachment

gereed75
Don’t do it. I’m in SWFL. Just telll me where it is and I will safe you the mistake!!
mepstein
I would buy it all day long for 2k.
nomedulla
Thanks for the response so far! I am leaning more towards picking it up. It is a RUSTBUCKET though.
Question with regards to the 2.0-6 and putting it in a 914?
Does it bolt up to the 914 5 speed tranny, or would I need to get a conversion kit.
What about anything with regards to the wiring harness/motor mounts/etc?
Is there something in the resto/mod forum that someone could please direct me?
This is a 1969 911T with carbs. My apologies, I should have written down the VIN for reference.
jdamiano
It would be a mistake to post on here you didn’t buy it. Just PM me the information. I’m in Jacksonville and can be there tomorrow! It would be a shame to not restore the car but it would be a great donor for a 916/6 conversation. I haven’t done the conversation but others will chime in with more info.
Rand
POS to pasta sauce, no résistance. We all want to hear the rest of the story.
jdamiano
QUOTE(jdamiano @ Jun 30 2018, 07:18 PM) *

It would be a mistake to post on here you didn’t buy it. Just PM me the information. I’m in Jacksonville and can be there tomorrow! It would be a shame to not restore the car but it would be a great donor for a 916/6 conversation. I haven’t done the conversation but others will chime in with more info.

914/6
GeorgeRud
It’s basically a bolt together conversion, though some parts can get expensive. Check mb911’s parts as well as the PMB site for information. Auto Atlanta also has (had?) a great little booklet explaining the conversion options. You’ll also want to use the front suspension parts and instruments for your conversion.
mepstein
QUOTE(nomedulla @ Jun 30 2018, 09:04 PM) *

Thanks for the response so far! I am leaning more towards picking it up. It is a RUSTBUCKET though.
Does it bolt up to the 914 5 speed tranny, or would I need to get a conversion kit.
What about anything with regards to the wiring harness/motor mounts/etc?
Is there something in the resto/mod forum that someone could please direct me?
This is a 1969 911T with carbs. My apologies, I should have written down the VIN for reference.

It will pretty much bolt up to the trans. You will still spend $10k+ to get it driving.
Lots of things needed for a 6. Motor mount, trans linkage, engine tin, exhaust, oil tank and lines, ect.

Is it a running engines be or does it need to be rebuilt. If rebuilt, add another $10k+

There is a ton of info on this site about 6 conversions. You just have to start reading.
infraredcalvin
If it’s all matching numbers buy it, and flip or trade for a running 2.x or 3.0 engine for your 914 conversion.

Shoot I’d trade you right now my 2.7 core engine for that matching numbers rust bucket, and pay shipping both ways...
billh1963
If you don't already have it in your garage you are making a mistake!
SirAndy
QUOTE(nomedulla @ Jun 30 2018, 06:04 PM) *

Don't ...

If it is indeed numbers matching, you'll be light-years ahead if you keep everything together and resell it as a package making a tidy profit that you can use to either buy a already converted /6 or do a proper /6 conversion yourself.
shades.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 30 2018, 09:45 PM) *

Don't ...

If it is indeed numbers matching, you'll be light-years ahead if you keep everything together and resell it as a package making a tidy profit that you can use to either buy a already converted /6 or do a proper /6 conversion yourself.
shades.gif

agree.gif
burton73
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 30 2018, 07:00 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 30 2018, 09:45 PM) *

Don't ...

shades.gif

agree.gif

agree.gif

Bob B
Dave_Darling
The 1969 T motor is pretty much the same as the 914-6 motor. Except for the oil cooler, which has the outlet in a different location to not foul on the suspension mount.

I agree with everyone else above. Fully restored, the 911 can easily bring high five figures or low six figures. Long-hood cars are astronomically pricey nowadays! It's worth several times what the asking price is, even if you're just going to flip it.

--DD
injunmort
I tried selling my 70 911t over the winter. usual places, craigslist, early 911 reg, ebay. needs floors, motor fires, car moves (sporto trans). I wanted 15k for it including all the repair panels. got close at 14k. no sale. engine, suspension etc going in a 74 914 roller I have. 2k is a steal.
Porschef
Pics of the Fla. car would be interesting, might not be as bad as it sounds.
r_towle
buy it and flip it.
It will sell in a few weeks at most if you advertise it properly.

Don't take it apart. Many will invest the 30-50k to bring it back and end up still making money on the project.

if it rolls, its a 10-20k car as it sits.

rich
nomedulla
What a surprise, I show up with the trailer and an envelope of dead presidents... she is looking for the title.

To be continued...
mepstein
For 2k, I’d grab the car, write out a bill of sale and come back for the title.
Mark Henry
I agree with everyone, for the engine alone it's a POS for a 914 conversion, but flipping it and using the coin made towards a better engine for your conversion will go a long way.
Don't think about it, buy it now.
914_teener
Just think...you could buy 7 original OEM Hella 914 backlights or buy a numbers matching 911 longhood? Then you would take the numbers matching 2.0 from the 911 and put it in a teener as a six conversion? You could get the same HP as a 2056.

The World as taken a turn for the surreal for sure.
r_towle
Buy it with a bill of sale.
Get a title service (google) to help sort out the title .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.