Full Version: Southern California '75 914 repaint and refresh
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
drem914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Dec 28 2018, 11:37 AM) *

Wow, everything looks great Franz!!!! smilie_pokal.gif

I can't wait to see it in the flesh at a cars 'n coffee. beer3.gif

Lawrence, Thank you very much. beerchug.gif
Me too, I haven't driven it in over 6 months. Getting a little tired of just looking at parts in the garage..
The likelihood is as soon as I can drive it driving.gif (interior installed or not) I will. Hoping to see it back in my hands this coming week. The gas tank, fuel pump and air box need to go back in and then it can fire up. "Knocking on wood" smash.gif unless another of those "might as well take care of that now" items show up.

See you all soon down by PCH.
drem914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Dec 28 2018, 11:37 AM) *

Wow, everything looks great Franz!!!! smilie_pokal.gif

I can't wait to see it in the flesh at a cars 'n coffee. beer3.gif

Me too, I haven't driven it in over 6 months. getting a little tired of just looking at parts in the garage..
The likelihood is as soon as I can drive it driving.gif (interior installed or not) I will. Hoping to see it back in my hands this coming week. The gas tank, fuel pump and air box need to go back in and then it can fire up. "Knocking on wood" smash.gif unless another of those "might as well take care of that now" items show up.

See you all soon down by PCH.
drem914
latest update now that I have te car back home. some update photos. I almost forgot how much fun this is to drive. Fresh clutch made shifting so much nicer that before.
Painted everything except for the underside. did not take it all the way down to a bare tub.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

drem914
Removed the rest of the interior pieces, handbrake, seatbelts, front foam block runner carpets.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Was not able to make it to the Phoenix Club today since I still dont have everything back in the car, but made a lot of progress yesterday, while it was raining outside.

installed 914Ruber vinyl Kit, installed 914Rubber german material salt and pepper carpet kit w/ their black anodized door carpet trim (replacing the old plastic ones), installed my refurbed back pad. reattached seat belts, installed repainted seat brackets, reinstalled repainted e-brake lever and couple minor door rubber window trim pieces.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Still have door cards/armrests, sound deadener in the doors, center console, center seat pad/storage, front bulkhead perlon and the seats to go. The finish line is getting close. piratenanner.gif

I need to get this done before the Porsche gathering in El Segundo on the 16th of this month.
Coondog
Car looks great. Congrats
preach
Fantastic.
Tom_T
Okay, it looks like you'll be ready to enter it at our OCR Concours this June, where they'll be doing a bit of special 914 recognitions as well.
smilie_pokal.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
stevend914
My first 914 was a brand new 1975 Ancona Blue 1.8 liter purchased when I lived in Kankakee, IL. Bought it from dealer in Champaign. Sold it in 1979 when I was transferred overseas...in the four years of ownership, I put 117,000 miles on it. Loved that car
Mayne
Absolutely beautiful car! Can't wait to see the interior with the new seats in place. Are your wheels 16x7? It's got a great stance.
drem914
QUOTE(Mayne @ Mar 4 2019, 09:15 AM) *

Absolutely beautiful car! Can't wait to see the interior with the new seats in place. Are your wheels 16x7? It's got a great stance.

Thank you, nor can I. Should be later this week that i get the seats in. Work travel plans changed this moring so that means i can put in a few hours in the evening this week and get the remainder in. The wheels are 16x7 Euromeisters with 205/50s on them, purchased before Eckler's went overseas. Shocks are Bilsteins with 140lb. or 180lb. springs.
drem914
One step closer. piratenanner.gif One of the two recovered seats in and just some speakers and pods to install. Holding off on putting the center console back in. I'm going to try it for a while without. It's raining right now out here in California or I would take it out and run it. driving.gif
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

At least I knw I'll be able to be ready for the upcoming gathering in El Segundo. smilie_pokal.gif
drem914
one more
Click to view attachment
and I was able to clear out the garage for its final parking space now that the misc. parts are in the car or packed up.

Click to view attachment
sb914
Congrats.... wub.gif looking beautiful!
Better move them skateboards!
drem914
QUOTE(sb914 @ Mar 6 2019, 07:51 PM) *

Congrats.... wub.gif looking beautiful!
Better move them skateboards!

Yep and I don't plan on playing darts across the back trunk either. See you soon. beerchug.gif
Tdskip
Thanks for the updates, she looks great!
914-300Hemi
Looks great. Can’t wait to see it in person.
bbrock
Congrats! That has to feel really good - I can only dream of the day. Still a gorgeous car. smilie_pokal.gif
Ed_Turbo
Just read your topic while doing some research. Hopefully I find some bumpers like those later in the future.

-Ed
drem914
QUOTE(Ed_Turbo @ Jun 27 2019, 06:10 PM) *

Just read your topic while doing some research. Hopefully I find some bumpers like those later in the future.

-Ed

Thanks, it helps that i have not hit anything or been hit by anyone.
narino
Car looks great. How do you like your body man and paint shop? Do mind sharing their contact info?

beer.gif
drem914
I thought I would post a couple more recent photos now that the interior is done for nowClick to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
drem914
A couple more shots
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
abes914
Wow! Beautiful! beerchug.gif
ndfrigi
yes it is beautiful! I missed my former 75 again!
Coondog
Great looking car.... smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.