Full Version: Tow stuff
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hedfurst
welder.gif
Weekend fun!
hedfurst
welder.gif Click to view attachment
Mikey914
Looks pkeanty sturdy, but you are limited by the substructure.
Theres not a lot of metal there.
hedfurst
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 16 2018, 02:23 PM) *

Looks pkeanty sturdy, but you are limited by the substructure.
Theres not a lot of metal there.

Cool thing is I have modified an aftermarket tow-piece to attach to the stock tow bolt receptacle. I’m pretty sure it will work. I’ve used the stock piece there back in the day (mid 70s ) and towed a VW beetle. My car is less than a ton and a dedicated tracker.
mepstein
I'm confused. Are you towing something or strapping down your car? I wouldn't use that location for either.
hedfurst
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 18 2018, 10:08 AM) *

I'm confused. Are you towing something or strapping down your car? I wouldn't use that location for either.

It’s a track car. Needs an obvious tow hook-up in case of a mechanical failure. Different story all together if there’s an accident! I have a completely different mechanism on the front.
mepstein
QUOTE(hedfurst @ Jul 18 2018, 02:56 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 18 2018, 10:08 AM) *

It’s a track car. Needs an obvious tow hook-up in case of a mechanical failure. Different story all together if there’s an accident! I have a completely different mechanism on the front.

Ahhh, got it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.