Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0L D-Jet Failed ECU?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MDTerp
I think my ECU failed but I've heard "they never fail". Went to start the car today and didn't hear the normal 1.5 sec fuel pump run and injectors click. Tried starting anyway and cranks but didn't fire as expected.

Checked power at fuel pump with a helper turning the key and no power. Went through Jeff Bowlsby's fuel pump troubleshooting list and relays, relay board, wire harness all checked out. So I pulled the ECU 028000052 and replaced it with a spare ECU 0280000037. Turned key to start position and fuel pump ran and injectors clicked. Started the car but the idle was rough and eventually died. I think the 0280000037 isn't compatible.

Car is a 75, Engine 74 case/exhaust 2.0L
MPS - 0280100043
CHT Sensor - 0280130012
Distributor - 0231174001

Engine ran great before this problem with no issues. It has 2k miles since rebuild and being sorted out at a reputable shop.

Any advice welcomed.

thanks,
Michael
Tom_T
Sorry Michael, but they can & do fail.

FIC rebuilds them, & their predecessor company name BRET did so since the 1970s.

http://fuelinjectioncorp.com/

I've had a BRET rebuilt one in mine 73 2L since the early 1980's.

Porsche also used to rebuild them & resell, & you can occasionally find an NOS one FS around on here, 914club, TheSambe, evil-bay, etc.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
JeffBowlsby
The 037 ECU is not a match for your 75 2.0L. It would need the 037 (73 2.0L) MPS to be a match.

I would be willing to test the function of your ECU if you want to send it to me, I have the full diagnostic equipment. I cannot repair it but can verify which functions work/don't work. If it works I would ship it back to you for the cost of shipping. If it does not work...you donate it to me for further research..
MDTerp
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jul 30 2018, 12:54 AM) *

The 037 ECU is not a match for your 75 2.0L. It would need the 037 (73 2.0L) MPS to be a match.

I would be willing to test the function of your ECU if you want to send it to me, I have the full diagnostic equipment. I cannot repair it but can verify which functions work/don't work. If it works I would ship it back to you for the cost of shipping. If it does not work...you donate it to me for further research..

I can ship you my ECU for research as I'm pretty sure it's not functioning correctly. You wouldn't happen to have a 028000052 ECU to sell me?
JeffBowlsby
Thanks, I will PM you my address. Sorry, I don’t have an 052 ECU to offer you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.