Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1973 2.0 rebuild but thinking about some more power
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Downerman
I really know the answer to this question but I figure I would ask. I have an original 2.0 engine that is going into my recently bare metal restoration and I need to rebuild it. I don't have it tore down yet and that will certainly help me as I gather the info on the status of the parts BUT, me being me, I want more power but I also want reliability and something that's proven to work and work well over time.

I'm not looking for stupid power but something greater than stock. My gut is telling me perhaps a piston/jug upgrade with a slightly better cam using the stock fuel injection with my heads rebuilt and be done with it....BUT I just can't get the sound of a turbo'd 914 I heard years ago that passed me by in my 911 like I was standing still.

I've had many modified cars over the years including ERT's supercharges on some old M3's, my 73 914 renegade with 400 hp and there's always something that requires modifications and engineering efforts (which I do enjoy) but I'm getting older now and really don't want to have to mess with something. More about grabbing the wife and hitting the twisties out here on the central coast of California for the day and then stop at the grocery store on the way home. I hope this rambling makes some sense. Would love to hear from those that have been down this road.

Dave
914Sixer
2056 is a great all around motor. You can do carbs or fuel injection.
mepstein

happy11.gif
TheCabinetmaker
I love my 2056 with 436 lift raby cam, 911 adjusters, chromolly pushrods, and mostly stock injection. Just had to readjust the manifold pressure sensor.
Cairo94507
2056 with stock FI is my vote.
ConeDodger
If your not going with a six, the 2056 is best in my opinion. Nice power bump, reliability, driveability, can retain stock EFI. That’s huge, it retains stock appearance, which will become a “thing” soon...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.