Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Cone zone gathering
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Socalandy
Sept 1st Cone Zone: All 914 models. Tell your friends.

Come and park around 8 - Sit down and eat about 8:30...
Tom_T
Geez, it took them long enough to come back to doing models & the 914 is apparently the first!

The one last Saturday was over 150K miles (initially was 157K+) - so most 914s could qualify for that too!

Unfortunately for this one, I'll be back in OK over Labor Day weekend for our big annual Cherokee Ceremonies.

FYI Andy - I'm still stalled on getting to the garage to move the 914s out of it & over to the shops, until the house & some other work gets done on the house & back area. Trying to get the parking pad for the Avion trailer in to move it out of the way as a part of that work.

Have Fun! beerchug.gif
Tom
////////

sb914
Sounds good andy!
The Grand Prix region mounthly (circuit -website) does not show a cone zone this year at all .
And we filled the whole lot two years in a row by farthest the best showing of any model p car they have had, including the 356.I guess we're still the bastard of p cars!
Something's never change!
Tom_T
QUOTE(sb914 @ Aug 6 2018, 01:54 PM) *

Sounds good andy!
The Grand Prix region mounthly (circuit -website) does not show a cone zone this year at all .
And we filled the whole lot two years in a row by farthest the best showing of any model p car they have had, including the 356.I guess we're still the bastard of p cars!

Talk to Dick Douglass at GPX, I'm sure he can get it going again. He may just have it on hiatus, or maybe someone else took over. Check with Dick either way via your GPX member emails/messaging. I'll also let him know about your request.

Your GPX is so close to OCR, if they were coordinated for differing dates, then it could be an annual two-fer! piratenanner.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
ndfrigi
i’m joining but have to park at the outer parking space since i’m driving 986.
Socalandy
believe it or not our 914's get respect at these events and why they have a 914 line up. Cool group of guys and many have said they had 914's back when
abes914
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Aug 6 2018, 02:08 PM) *

QUOTE(sb914 @ Aug 6 2018, 01:54 PM) *

Sounds good andy!

Talk to Dick Douglass at GPX, I'm sure he can get it going again. He may just have it on hiatus, or maybe someone else took over. Check with Dick either way via your GPX member emails/messaging. I'll also let him know about your request.

Your GPX is so close to OCR, if they were coordinated for differing dates, then it could be an annual two-fer! piratenanner.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

I think GPX is doing something different now. Instead of type is models to show case, it will be all red pcars or all targa... something like that.
Tom_T
QUOTE(abes914 @ Aug 6 2018, 03:57 PM) *

I think GPX is doing something different now. Instead of type is models to show case, it will be all red pcars or all targa... something like that.

Yeah, OCR has been doing that over the past year or so since the last time we had the 914s + 928/924/944/968 on a long time back.

IMHO the color of cars, size of wheels, etc. cone zones are just lame & reaching for some oddball theme! dry.gif

Both OR & GP should just stick with the featured models per month, & rotate through them again - i.e.: repeat! popcorn[1].gif

And Andy is right - you'd be surprised at how many Porsche owners will come up & tell you that they had a 914, wanted one then or now, etc. No longer a NARPy issue.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
jim_hoyland
Thanks for that Andy; i’ll Be there. Last time they had a 914 cone-zone, we filled it up. smile.gif
SO.O.C914er
Thanks for the heads up Andy. I’m definitely in for this one....Paul
sb914
Here's the schedule! Check out September,four models!
November was last years 914 cone zone and October the previous year!
I guess we could flood Novembers "convertible"!
Either way, see ya in Costa Mesa! Sounds fun thanks for the heads up andy! driving.gifClick to view attachment
Tom_T
QUOTE(sb914 @ Aug 6 2018, 06:53 PM) *

Here's the schedule! Check out September,four models!
November was last years 914 cone zone and October the previous year!
I guess we could flood Novembers "convertible"!
Either way, see ya in Costa Mesa! Sounds fun thanks for the heads up andy! driving.gifClick to view attachment

Is that for GPX or OCR?

And I don't see 914s listed at all in any month. WTF.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
SO.O.C914er
That’s for GPX and I can tell you Jim,Larmo and I where there it was SUV cone zone and they put them on the restaurant side maybe 6 last Saturday. They couldn’t fill the middle two rows. Not a Slam I love GPX but no brainer 914’s and 911’s rule the zone!! WTF.gif agree.gif driving.gif ....Paul
sb914
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Aug 6 2018, 06:56 PM)

Is that for GPX or OCR?

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Yep GPX, and that's my point no 914 cone zone!
They must be intimidated by our coolness! aktion035.gif
Coondog
Crap missing another event. Will be in San Fran..... sad.gif and in Vegas for the El Segundo
event sad.gif sad.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(sb914 @ Aug 6 2018, 08:13 PM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Aug 6 2018, 06:56 PM)

Is that for GPX or OCR?

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Yep GPX, and that's my point no 914 cone zone!
They must be intimidated by our coolness! aktion035.gif

Check with Dick Douglas, & if he's still doing it, then he can either add in 914s somewhere, or let you know when they're doing them into 2019 maybe.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Tom_T
Hey Andy,

You might also want to put this notice in 914club, ClubNARP, etc., so you can catch 914ers over on those sites.

Also look for my email to Rob Greene PCA-OCR (cc'd you & Dick Douglas) so he can coordinate with you.

He was looking for someone who'd asked for the 914 Cone Zone to return - which we've both done - but I'll be in OK 8/30 - 9/4.

Everybody take pix & post here! type.gif

Have Fun! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
sb914
icon_bump.gif
SO.O.C914er
Eddie I’m down for this one. Also looking at a canyon drive after to lake Mission Viejo and a party boat cruise around the lake........Paul driving.gif beerchug.gif
sb914
icon_bump.gif
Socalandy
Arrive around 6:30 am to get into the lineup, come on out for a good breakfast chowtime.gif and fun. Maybe to Trabucco canyon run after driving.gif
Socalandy
If your coming out Saturday please post so I can have a count for adequate parking space please.
Steve
I’ll be there!
914Toy
I will join you guys.
SO.O.C914er
Absolutely in for this event and Santiago canyon run turn left at cook’s corner ending at Roses cantina! Sound good driving.gif aktion035.gif .....Paul
Tom_T
QUOTE(SO.O.C914er @ Aug 27 2018, 08:55 PM) *

Absolutely in for this event and Santiago canyon run turn left at cook’s corner ending at Roses cantina! Sound good driving.gif aktion035.gif .....Paul

Someone should check if the roads are open after the Holy fire out there, as there may still be residual stuff, & I'd heard from a friend who lives out there at Rancho Santa Margarita that the canyon route road was closed to locals only after the fire (not sure if still so).

I'll be looking for some pix from this one & the drive to be posted here.

Sorry to have to miss the fun! sad.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
ValcoOscar
I'm IN...see you all at about 6:30am

piratenanner.gif

Oscar

driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif

sb914
I'm in! unless Larmo's going bootyshake.gif
Socalandy
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Aug 28 2018, 06:59 AM) *

QUOTE(SO.O.C914er @ Aug 27 2018, 08:55 PM) *

Someone should check if the roads are open after the Holy fire out there, as there may still be residual stuff, & I'd heard from a friend who lives out there at Rancho Santa Margarita that the canyon route road was closed to locals only after the fire (not sure if still so).

I'll be looking for some pix from this one & the drive to be posted here.

Sorry to have to miss the fun! sad.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Done, was in the canyon last weekend, dust them off and lets have a good showing and cruz driving.gif driving-girl.gif
abes914
I am 95% that I can be there for breakfast. I won’t be able to join the canyon run afterwards.

Hopefully I can polish the 914 before then. Been driving it daily now for a month driving.gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(sb914 @ Aug 28 2018, 07:30 AM) *

I'm in! unless Larmo's going bootyshake.gif

agree.gif

lol-2.gif av-943.gif

Will be going in the 986, gonna test out my new cam tensioner & solenoid.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!
Larmo63
Okay, I won't go.

finger.gif
banananose914
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Aug 27 2018, 08:18 PM) *

If your coming out Saturday please post so I can have a count for adequate parking space please.

On it!
LS1V8Jerry
Cruising in with Oscar for this. See you all bright and early.
Don't mind my rumble. lol-2.gif

Jerry
drem914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 29 2018, 10:23 PM) *

Okay, I won't go.

finger.gif

Subtle.

See you guys there, but won't have my 914, still getting painted.

Click to view attachment
914pwr
I plan to be there. Thanks!

Tim
euro911
I don't have a running 914 at the moment, but I think I know where I might be able to snag a cone ... rolleyes.gif

Click to view attachment
914-300Hemi
I will be there. piratenanner.gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(LS1V8Jerry @ Aug 30 2018, 07:56 AM) *

Cruising in with Oscar for this. See you all bright and early.
Don't mind my rumble. lol-2.gif

Jerry

@LS1V8Jerry I met a 914 owner earlier today with several LS Conversion Cars and told him about your car. He said he will head out to Santa Ana tomorrow to check it out. He was not a World Member this morning, but probably is by now!

beer3.gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Aug 31 2018, 05:11 PM) *

I will be there. piratenanner.gif

smilie_pokal.gif

Nice Ravi, it’s been a while!
Steve
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 29 2018, 10:23 PM) *

Okay, I won't go.

finger.gif

Bring the Ghia, it’s the same factory!! confused24.gif
SO.O.C914er
No Steve tomorrow is all about droppin in as many 914’s as possible no Ghia please agree.gif driving.gif ....Plus Larmo isn’t going to want to hit the canyon without his 914....Paul
Steve
QUOTE(SO.O.C914er @ Aug 31 2018, 07:23 PM) *

No Steve tomorrow is all about droppin in as many 914’s as possible no Ghia please agree.gif driving.gif ....Plus Larmo isn’t going to want to hit the canyon without his 914....Paul

I know... I was just kidding... beerchug.gif See you tomorrow!!
euro911
QUOTE(Steve @ Aug 31 2018, 08:39 PM) *
QUOTE(SO.O.C914er @ Aug 31 2018, 07:23 PM) *
I know... I was just kidding... beerchug.gif See you tomorrow!!
Well, looks like me and my cone won't be there then dry.gif
SO.O.C914er
I should have known Steve! Your always so on target. Okay guys if you haven’t been deep into the canyon to Roses Cantina you need to see the patio area out back sitting under the oak trees by the creek. First round of beer and ice tea on me. Spicy nachos on Steve or Oscar piratenanner.gif beer3.gif ....you will forget your in Orange County....Paul
sb914
17 cars today !! Click to view attachment
sb914
Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
nice! thanks for sharing pics!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.