Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dip Stick seal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
malcolm2
L-jet FI system so I am always monitoring vacuum leaks. I checked my oil the other day and notice a Ho-Made seal at the top of the dip stick. You know down (or UP) inside the little "hat" just below the finger loop. Looks like the PO added a few o-rings. And they are now stretched, twisted and sliding off.

I suppose the reading on the stick could have been off by a smidge all these years too... blink.gif

Is there a better repair?
malcolm2
I found a post on Itinerant about leaking or blowing oil thru the dip stick tube. This shows a 6mm oring and then a 5mm oring. They say it sealed the tube great. kinda confirms my oil measurement theory.

Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
I use the Bus dip stick seal fo the temp-gauge dipstick (NLA), VW shops carry them
Mikey914
I can look at making a correct one, I did notice that I had oil oil leaking out at high RPM (wind-age seal issue?). Just checked my seal used for the taco plate, it works ok.
https://shop.914rubber.com/Oil-Temp-Wiring-...m?categoryId=-1

malcolm2
I did plan to checkout your site. Maybe just need to add some marks on the stick wink.gif
malcolm2
So no one has had to replace the dip stick seal?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.