Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door insulation options
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DRPHIL914
Since my next project is to rebuild the doors, with the 914rubber kits(late doors, '75), before I put the new stuff in I was wondering what you have all done tried in this regard, such as inner door insulation and/or under the door panel .

I was looking at the dynamat door insulation kits, and thought about doing this.

Pictures are always nice as well.

Phil
DRPHIL914
no one? ok well I asked the question in another thread and had a response back from Mark Whitesell that he or his brother put the dynamat kit in one of their cars .

I may order this kit and see how it goes,
mepstein
You don’t need much. Mostly on the single thickness door panel.
raynekat
I put your standard Dynomat in the doors and it made an appreciable difference when you closed the doors.

Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
no reason just the plastic vapor barrier, which is critical, then the new window felts inner and outer fuzzies, squeezes, vent window seal and rear window cap

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Aug 8 2018, 08:28 AM) *

Since my next project is to rebuild the doors, with the 914rubber kits(late doors, '75), before I put the new stuff in I was wondering what you have all done tried in this regard, such as inner door insulation and/or under the door panel .

I was looking at the dynamat door insulation kits, and thought about doing this.

Pictures are always nice as well.

Phil
dr914@autoatlanta.com
you are blessed because you do not have the bid steel side guards in the doors to have to go around

QUOTE(raynekat @ Aug 8 2018, 12:59 PM) *

I put your standard Dynomat in the doors and it made an appreciable difference when you closed the doors.

Click to view attachment

raynekat
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 8 2018, 01:15 PM) *

you are blessed because you do not have the bid steel side guards in the doors to have to go around

Click to view attachment

Yep....there are advantages to a 71 now and then. wink.gif
wes

Click to view attachment

I did the same and the door closing sound is a amazing deference!
Driving couldn’t really say due to the engine sound.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.