Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do we think about rebuilt clutch kit components?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
First of all thank you for all of you were coaching in knowledge sharing on clutch replacement, this is my first time doing this in your help and all the information I found in the archives is a huge plus.

I need to order a kit today and one of the options I'm looking at from a known vendor has a package option that includes rebuilt rather than new components.

Are pressure playes and clutch discs that have been rebuilt reliable and trusted to function like new?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
depends on the rebuilder. We have been installing them successfully in the cars for years.

QUOTE(Tdskip @ Aug 9 2018, 07:25 AM) *

First of all thank you for all of you were coaching in knowledge sharing on clutch replacement, this is my first time doing this in your help and all the information I found in the archives is a huge plus.

I need to order a kit today and one of the options I'm looking at from a known vendor has a package option that includes rebuilt rather than new components.

Are pressure playes and clutch discs that have been rebuilt reliable and trusted to function like new?

Valy
The pressure plates are ok to resurface as long as the sun rays are not worned out.
You will probably want to resurface the flywheel so take the pressure plate to the machinist as well.

I would use a new disk. They are cheap, last longer and almost the same price as to rebuild.

The pressure bearing is the tricky part. I hope yours is good. Clean it and repack with grease. If not, new ones are so expensive that the new clutch kit makes sense.
McMark
I would never install a 'rebuild' pressure plate or friction disc. It's a PITA job, and if your rebuild disc dies and takes out your flywheel, now you've got even bigger problems.

Brand new Sachs clutch kits every time. Certainly not cheap, but OEM and reliable.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.