Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car Cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TonyA
Any suggestions on a car cover manufacturer/ model....other than the bed sheets and old tents I am using now. Garage is getting crowded and need some more protection.
mankowski
Some recommendations from a recent thread on the topic:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=309837
Lucky9146
All depends on what you want to use it for and how much you want to spend. Good quality custom fit in garage storage or general fit outdoor weather/ sun protection? Or somewhere in between.
I have used tan cotton flannel covers for in garage covering for many years, so I can only speak to that. I did some searching and found a very high quality custom fit tan cotton flannel cover at www.carcoverusa.com/‎ which sells Covercraft who was the top brand years ago and I had long thought went out of business, so maybe they were bought out. Anyway I was so impressed with the quality I ended up buying a second from them for another car I have. Not cheap, but as they say, you get what you pay for.

My 2 cents Best of luck! PM if you have questions beerchug.gif
driving.gif white914.jpg
TonyA
Thanks guys
Larmo63
Be careful on eBay buying car covers. I bought one a couple of weeks ago for my Karmann Ghia and it was a complete POS. It was made out of vinyl.

I messaged the guy immediately and he proposed to send half of the price back, I said no. He refund the whole amount and didn't even ask for me to ship it back.

I threw it away and bought a more expensive one custom fit for the car.
Ed_Turbo
I got a rain-x luxury car cover in large. Not too shabby, but barely fits and suppose to be a large size. Got a good deal so can’t complain.

If you want to see a picture let me know.

-Ed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.