Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Our fallen brothers and sisters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
iamchappy
Paul was a gentle giant, Brilliant man, everything he did was perfection. invented many things and made parts if they weren't available. He molded taillights for the 904 he was working on when he found out the weren't available, and traded Beck a set of tail lights for headlight covers. His health was failing for several years numerous health issues, the last was he needed a kidney transplant. Ill reach out to Kelsie to see if i can be of any help.
scottasti
Hello 914world,

I'm reporting that my uncle, Michael James Pittelkow passed away in January 2019. He was a great man. He served in Vietnam from 4/20/64-3/3/66 to the Ambulance Platoon, Company B, 1st Medical Battalion, 1st Infantry Division as an Ambulance Platoon Sergeant. Back home he raced stock cars in the Winston Cup Grand National Series from 1969-1973 under the name Mike James.
His most prized possession was his 1973 914 2.0 which he took care of himself and garaged all these years. It's in immaculate condition, and I am his very lucky nephew that has inherited it. I love driving this car!

I wanted to post this information in case any of you knew him, and feel free to reach out to me if you have any words or questions. I hope to meet you all, and I'll see you out there on the road!

P.S. I may be posting parts, books, and manuals in the want ads section.

His user name: mikie
Michael James Pittelkow
6/11/1942-1/7/2019

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
campbellcj
QUOTE(scottasti @ May 6 2020, 10:22 AM) *

Hello 914world,

I'm reporting that my uncle, Michael James Pittelkow passed away in January 2019. He was a great man. He served in Vietnam from 4/20/64-3/3/66 to the Ambulance Platoon, Company B, 1st Medical Battalion, 1st Infantry Division as an Ambulance Platoon Sergeant. Back home he raced stock cars in the Winston Cup Grand National Series from 1969-1973 under the name Mike James.
His most prized possession was his 1973 914 2.0 which he took care of himself and garaged all these years. It's in immaculate condition, and I am his very lucky nephew that has inherited it. I love driving this car!

I wanted to post this information in case any of you knew him, and feel free to reach out to me if you have any words or questions. I hope to meet you all, and I'll see you out there on the road!

P.S. I may be posting parts, books, and manuals in the want ads section.

His user name: mikie
Michael James Pittelkow
6/11/1942-1/7/2019

Well RIP Michael and welcome.png to you! Where in SoCal are you located? That car looks a lot like one I saw driving by me in Westlake Village a few days ago and the pic looks Malibu-ish. Looking forward to connecting sometime once we're allowed to get the cars & coffee and so forth going again. confused24.gif
SO.O.C914er
Thank you for sharing and RIP in peace Mike James. Any one who knows what it’s like to drop it into turn one with a bunch of hungry competitors has a place in my heart! Godspeed Mike James! And welcome to you....cheers! welcome.png
euro911
Sorry to hear of your uncle's passing ... sounds like he was a great guy.

welcome.png Hope you keep the car and decide to join in on the fun and camaraderie this forum offers it's members.

Once it's safe to go back in the water, we'll have some more get-togethers, including the semi-annual G&R swap meets out in Riverside.
scottasti
Thanks for the kind words and the welcome! I brought the car out to an event last September at the Automobile Driving Museum in El Segundo, maybe I met some of you there? Sorry to say that wasn't me in Westlake. I'm based in the San Fernando Valley.
Looking forward to seeing and learning more about these fantastic cars.

Regards,
Scott beer.gif
Click to view attachment
campbellcj
Yep I was there - parked down at the opposite end, we might have met. I'm in Liberty Canyon off the 101 so not far.
racerbvd
Today I Toast Phil in Jax. Wow, has it really been that long.
SirAndy
Paul Naberhaus (1970 Neun vierzehn) 11-2020
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=350263

sad.gif

SirAndy
Daniel McElroy (DANNYMAC) 12-16-2020
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=350556
sad.gif
racerbvd
beerchug.gif
Mikey914
Sad to Add Warpig to our list.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=354979

Memorial this Sunday for those that can attend

rhodyguy
Joan Ellison. Dave's wife. Don't know if she was a member here, but she had her own 914. Sweet girl.
sixnotfour
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 15 2021, 07:54 AM) *

Joan Ellison. Dave's wife. Don't know if she was a member here, but she had her own 914. Sweet girl.

driving-girl.gif
bdstone914
I just saw today that Cary Kutter of Midlemotors passed away from his injuries sustained from having been hit by a pickup truck while in a cross walk.

@Sirandy
euro911
sad.gif
Larmo63
Sherwood Lee has passed away. There was some sort of as yet undisclosed accident, and he didn't make it.

What a great guy, smart and friendly. I just saw him at the Cars in the Canyon event in Chino. We discussed oil coolers for my Carrera. RIP my friend.

911S Registry thread:

https://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/sh...161195-Sad-News
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Nov 5 2021, 10:08 PM) *

Sherwood Lee has passed away. There was some sort of as yet undisclosed accident, and he didn't make it.

What a great guy, smart and friendly. [/url]

euro911
So sorry to hear this sad.gif ... Rest in Peace my friend.

I hadn't spoken with Sherwood since the 2015 WCC. He was driving behind me on Saturday's spirited run through the back road twisties. After we stopped for a quick rest, I remember him asking what the 'BB' had in the engine bay. He was surprised that it was only a 2.1L/4-banger.

IPB Image

Click to view attachment

IPB Image

IPB Image

He will surely be missed by a lot of folks. My sincere condolences to his family and his many friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/pJt9eoY6oy8
dstudeba
Marcus Smith Dec 1, 2021

r3dplanet

Marcus' Corvair conversion, 914-C6
SirAndy
QUOTE(dstudeba @ Dec 16 2021, 04:15 PM) *

sad.gif
76-914
So sad. sad.gif I used to read his posts and sit in awe of his magnificent attitude on his journey to life's end. He was truly a brave and positive force. I would have withered if it were me. Vaya con Diós Marcus Smith. pray.gif
rick 918-S
Just saw this. Cool project. Sad to read of the end of the struggle.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 17 2021, 07:39 PM) *

sad.gif

Thanks for posting the link to the obit, i remembered from seeing our names on the 914world birthday post that we shared a birthday and again just realized he was 7 years younger than me. He fought a good fight. Since many here knew him from his posts maybe it should be jposted in the garage, since many dont check in here on this thread on a regular basis. 48 is just too early , RIP Marcus.
Dion
RIP Marcus.
euro911
sad.gif ... Rest in Peace, Marcus
SirAndy
Greg Coon (Coondog) 06-29-2022

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=3013430
sad.gif
SirAndy
Sean Molloy (sean_v8_914) 12-2022
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=363067
sad.gif
rick 918-S
Sean 1//25/2011

Click to view attachment

markhoward
Please add Jeff Donnelly (jeffdon) January 2022
jim_hoyland
Sean at autocross in El Toro, CA 2017
SirAndy
QUOTE(markhoward @ Dec 30 2022, 03:35 PM) *

Please add Jeff Donnelly (jeffdon) January 2022

Done sad.gif
sportlicherFahrer
Dave Ellison(Triaddave), owner of Triad West Performance 02/04/2023

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=363674

IPB Image
sixnotfour
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 17 2021, 05:39 PM) *

sad.gif

sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
euro911
sad.gif So many good guys - sucks big time sad.gif
1TRICK6
Please add Harry Wong 04/22/2023.

R.I.P. Harry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwRNjmy72c8
SO.O.C914er
So sad to hear this. Harry would often show up for PCA meetings at Glory days in Seal beach in his black 914. RIP
ValcoOscar
Oh my....I always enjoyed our conversations at different local Cars & Coffee in SoCal. Such a cool guy!

Condolences to his family.

God speed my friend sad.gif

RIP

Oscar
campbellcj
RIP Harry
Dr Evil
Jim Tabor, AKA JimTab passed on 5/5/2023 finally succumbing to Alzheimer's. Jim had be battling it for several years, and it had been years since I last saw him. He was a fixture in the Bay Area group and if you knew him, he was your friend. Jim performed the wedding ceremony for my first marriage (not his fault it didnt work out) and he let us borrow his pristine 1973 Zambezi 2.0 for our honeymoon in Napa. I eventually bout that car from him only to have to sell it a few short years later to pay for divorce. I got to sell it onto a friend of mine that was new to 914, and hated mine when we were in college because it was always keeping me busy. He caught the bug, I sold it to him for exactly what I paid for it, and it was a friends price. Jim kept asking if I wanted to sell it back to him, not realizing that he could no longer drive, and that I had already sold to car on. Alzheaimer's is an ugly disease and it stole him long before his body quit. Those who knew him have heavy hearts even though there is a massive hole left by Jims passing. He was without a doubt the best of us. Take care of yourselves.
mightyohm
RIP Jim, glad I got to know him and see him at many 914 breakfasts over the years.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 11 2023, 06:13 PM) *
Jim Tabor, AKA JimTab passed on 5/5/2023 finally succumbing to Alzheimer's

The last few times i talked to him were heartbreaking. My dad went the same way, just horrible.
sad.gif

Here i am pointing at the man himself, RRC 2007, RIP

Click to view attachment
MartyYeoman
So sorry to hear about Jim"s passing. We had a lot of good laughs together. lol-2.gif
ThinAir
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 11 2023, 06:13 PM) *

Jim Tabor, AKA JimTab passed on 5/5/2023 finally succumbing to Alzheimer's. Jim had be battling it for several years, and it had been years since I last saw him. He was a fixture in the Bay Area group and if you knew him, he was your friend. Jim performed the wedding ceremony for my first marriage (not his fault it didnt work out) and he let us borrow his pristine 1973 Zambezi 2.0 for our honeymoon in Napa. I eventually bout that car from him only to have to sell it a few short years later to pay for divorce. I got to sell it onto a friend of mine that was new to 914, and hated mine when we were in college because it was always keeping me busy. He caught the bug, I sold it to him for exactly what I paid for it, and it was a friends price. Jim kept asking if I wanted to sell it back to him, not realizing that he could no longer drive, and that I had already sold to car on. Alzheaimer's is an ugly disease and it stole him long before his body quit. Those who knew him have heavy hearts even though there is a massive hole left by Jims passing. He was without a doubt the best of us. Take care of yourselves.

Thanks for posting this. I missed it until I saw the RIP note for the 2023 WCR. Jim was a wonderful, friend.
rick 918-S
I have been looking for a photo I was sure I took when Jim's car quit in one of the National Parks we were in. there were like 6 people working on it. I just remember we were checking out some Dino Tracks and came back to see a team of guys working I think on the points. Great guy. Big smile!
seanery
Man, I hate this thread. =(

I understand it's importance, I just hate all the bad news in one sobering place. Godspeed brothers and sisters.
racerbvd
Well, that time of year, the annual lunch and toast to Phil in Jax at the Hooters we use to have lunch every Friday and Sat at the same table. beerchug.gif
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment [attachmenti
Sleepin
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jun 3 2023, 06:58 AM) *

I have been looking for a photo I was sure I took when Jim's car quit in one of the National Parks we were in. there were like 6 people working on it. I just remember we were checking out some Dino Tracks and came back to see a team of guys working I think on the points. Great guy. Big smile!

Jim was a good dude! This is definitely bad news!
SirAndy
Scott Amenson
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=366258

sad.gif
euro911
Been a little while since I checked in here. Sorry to hear about all the recent departures ... especially Jim sad.gif

My wife, Dianne is suffering with dementia. She just turned 65 in June, but the symptoms started appearing in late 2019. it's an ugly disease that no one should have to go through - breaks my heart.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.