Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Our fallen brothers and sisters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
sb914
This thread is here to honor our friends we've lost. sad.gif
Post pics and fun stories and memories.
Here is a list. If anyone is missing (I'm sure there is) sad.gif from the list, please post and we'll sadly add, or if anyone needs to be edited.

Al Garcia (Als914) 10-11-2012
Brent Brock (bbrock) 10-02-2023
Cary Kutter (cary) 09-03-2021
Dan Callicott (xitspd) 10-12-2010
Daniel McElroy (DANNYMAC) 12-16-2020
Dale Flesburg (flesburg) 07-22-2016
Dave Cawdrey (Korijo) (Korijo914) 03-31-2019
Dave Hall (Kargeek) 08-2017
Dave Shepard (from GPR) 06-2008
Doug Heitkamp (Nie Zu Alt) 11-2023
Ernest Allen Rossi (earossi) 03-02-2018
Ed Ducey (propricer) 03-2008
Garrett Goldsmith (glansbee) 05-29-2013
Greg Coon (Coondog) 06-29-2022
Harry Wong () 04-22-2023
Howard Dranow (Howard) 08-03-2007
Hoch Meng-Foong (Meng) 09-01-2019
James Montebello (lapuwali) 10-2006
Jeff Donnelly (jeffdon) 01-2022
Jeff Stroud (JStroud) 06-2016
Jeff Tucker (Jeffs9146) 06-2017
Jim McLeod (type47) 07-14-2015
Jim Tabor (jimtab) 05-05-2023
John Larson (Cap'n Krusty) 04-2015
John "Otto" Williamson (otto) 02-08-2013
JP Stein (J P Stein) 01-2017
Karl Ellzey (Qarl) 01-02-2019
Ken Majewski (zymurgist) 01-07-2016
Lew Mengle (shulew3) 03-2012
Mark Bland (Engman) 10-25-2012
Marcus Smith (r3dplanet) 12-01-2021
Michael James Pittelkow (mikie) 01-07-2019
Mike Cooley (cooltimes) 10-28-2015
Mike Pickels (MikeP) 08-19-2010
Mike Warhurst (warpig) 08-2021
Nord (NORD) 08-2014
Paul (Phoenix-MN) 10-2018
Paul Illick (DBCooper) 11-19-2017
Paul Naberhaus (1970 Neun vierzehn) 11-2020
Peter (0396) 02-2017
Phil (philinjax) 06-05-2006
Ray Gonsalves (firstknight13) 01-25-2024
Ron Meier (SLITS) 08-03-2016
Scott Amenson (Amenson) 07-2023
Sean Molloy (sean_v8_914) 12-2022
Sherwood Lee (screenguy914) 10-30-2021
Steve Ziesing () 05-23-2020
Welby Sowers (ws91420) 02-28-2013
Wes Hildreth () 08-15-2014
Wes Vann (Wes V) 06-22-2009

sad.gif
Cracker
Since Paul Illick's (DBCooper) passing last November caught many of us off guard this week...his obituary is below. RIP Paul.

Cracker

Click to view attachment

Mr. Paul Stephen Illick; August 26, 1950 – November 19, 2017

Paul Stephen Illick, age 67, passed away peacefully in Modesto on November 19, 2017 due to complications arising from a respiratory infection.
Stephen was born in 1950 in Syracuse, New York, to Paul Edward and Jean (Bunch) Illick, and was raised in Modesto, CA. Stephen was a businessman who traveled the world, living in Sao Paulo, Brazil, Vallejo, CA, Morrisville, PA, Houston, TX, and returning to Modesto, CA to be close to family in his retirement years.

Stephen was married to Regina (Dal Prete) Illick in Sao Paulo, Brazil and raised two sons, Thomas of Santa Cruz, CA and Andre of Houston, TX. Stephen is also survived by two grandchildren, Abigail and Oliver Illick, and two sisters, Jeanette Aglipay and Zandra Nicolle.

A celebration of life will be planned for a later date. Any memorial contributions should be made to the ACLU or Sierra Club in Paul's name, or an organization of your choice focused on equality or conservation. Stephen was generous, loving, funny, witty and just an amazing and rare type of person filled with genuine compassion for all. He will be greatly missed by his family and friends.
SirAndy
Added some thread highlighting so it stands out more. I'll let this run in the garage for a few days and then move it to the nailed section above.

sad.gif
ConeDodger
What about Jeff Tucker?
ConeDodger
J. P. Stein...
sb914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 16 2018, 09:17 AM) *

What about Jeff?

Please post info and I'll ad
Thank you
Edit ... added Jeff tucker thank you.
sb914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 16 2018, 09:21 AM) *

J. P. Stein...

Added. thank you.
SirAndy
What about Jeff?

We are building a list, not presenting an already compiled and complete list.

I thought that was clear from the thread that spawned this one, but apparently not ...
dry.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 16 2018, 01:42 PM) *

What about Jeff?

We are building a list, not presenting an already compiled and complete list.

I thought that was clear from the thread that spawned this one, but apparently not ...
dry.gif

It was clear. I was pointing out that Jeff should be added.
JRust
I didn't know everyone on a face to face basis. Although it felt like it as we know them through the world. Amazing how much you get to know people through the web though. Our community is one of the best around. I appreciate it & all that have contributed through the years. Especially those that have left us wub.gif

I'll leave a little story about JP. Met him pre 914world. Went up to a BBQ at his place to check out the Shitbox happy11.gif . He had these wooden Boxes he built he would set his car on. Looked a bit funny but man those were solid & handled the weight no problem. JP was one of those "crotchity" older guys. Wonderful guy who spoke his mind. Might rub some the wrong way but wasn't a prick. He just knew what he knew shades.gif . He was super helpful to me. Even helped me partout a burned up 2.7 I had picked up. Bought a burned up six conversion. Pulled the motor & took it up to JP. The motor was pretty well shot from the fire. I was still amazed when we pulled it apart how many good parts he saved. We just split what we sold 50/50 with JP doing the selling. Since he knew those motor's like the back of his hand. Worked out great & we both got a little coin. Better spent was the time pulling that motor apart with JP. When he wasn't smoking a heater. He was happy to explain everything about the motor. I learned a lot from JP that day. JP was always helpful on the world as well. I always pictured him & CapnCrusty together at some event lol-2.gif . I swear fireworks would have went off as they gave their opinions on how to do things. The back & forth would have been a treat to be a part of. I would have loved every minute of it
Dr Evil
I didnt know Jeff Tucker passed. Fuck..... Another really good guy. sad.gif
Ferg
Dave Hall aka Kargeek sad.gif
Michael N
Jeff Stroud.

Click to view attachment

This photo was taken the day that Jeff purchased his project car from me years ago. Jeff grew up in the Bay Area and one of his high school buddies dad had a white 914. Some 30 years later Jeff was chasing down another white 914 to rebuilt as he fondly remembered those days of goofing around in a 914 when he was in school. He had not driven a 914 in over 30 years so I let him take my /6 out for a romp when he bought the project car.

PanelBilly
Slits avatar always made me giggle. I never notice the vice before. I guess there were two vices in the photo

Click to view attachment
sb914
QUOTE(Ferg @ Aug 16 2018, 12:02 PM) *

Dave Hall aka Kargeek sad.gif

Added. thank you
Dr Evil
A recommendation/consideration to the admins - when we die, perhaps there is some sort of annotation that can be added to our header, pic, or something. Like a black band across our pic, an RIP or some such? I know it is rather superfluous and adds work, and is not of major importance, but this thread has me kind of sentimental given that many were rather close friends, and others were distant friends.
SirAndy
Updated the first post, sorted by first name, added links to their user profiles, cleaned up name/username errors.

I still need more info for some members, we're missing some full names, usernames and dates ...
sad.gif
Steve
Please add John Williamson aka Otto
Even though he didn't spend a lot of time on 914world, he was a huge asset to 914's in the area and held numerous track records in 914's.
https://yovenice.com/2013/02/10/rip-john-otto-williamson/
Dr Evil
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 17 2018, 12:49 PM) *

Updated the first post, sorted by first name, added links to their user profiles, cleaned up name/username errors.

I still need more info for some members, we're missing some full names, usernames and dates ...
sad.gif

Thanks, Dude.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Steve @ Aug 17 2018, 11:24 AM) *

Even though he didn't spend a lot of time on 914world, he was a huge asset to 914's in the area and held numerous track records in 914's.

Added Otto, thanks ...
napasteve
0396?
SirAndy
QUOTE(napasteve @ Aug 17 2018, 02:05 PM) *

0396?

Updated first post, thanks ...
SirAndy
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=112121

DAN CALLICOTT Aged 60 years passed away peacefully on Tuesday, October 12th, 2010 at his home surrounded by his family. Dan is survived by his wife of 35 years, Kathleen and his daughter Aline both of Hemet. He is also survived by his mother Edna Velthoen of Hemet and a brother David of Idyllwild, CA. Dan began his working career as a field sales manager at Container Corporation of America. While involved with CCA he was able to make many cultural contacts with people from Japan, opening up many opportunities. He then took over Empire Tractor and was recognized by John Deere with many awards. After meeting a neighbor, Dan joined Mitsushiba International, a golf manufacturer, as the Vice President and General Manager expanding on their success and operations around the world. Dan became the Vice President and General Manager of Agri-Empire, and along with Kathy moved from Yorba Linda to Hemet. Dan had a passion for Porsches and motorcycles. He had a love of an eclectic variety of music as well as mountain biking, being a founding member of the Valle Vista Boyz mountain bike group in Hemet. A Funeral Service will be held on Tuesday at Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 701 N. Sanderson, Hemet at 10:00 a.m. Interment to follow at San Jacinto Valley Cemetery. In lieu of Flowers Memorial Contributions may be made to City of Hope, www.cityofhope.com or the Western Science Center, 2345 Searl Pkwy, Hemet, CA 92543.

IPB Image

Toast
Howard passed on 8/3/2007....9 years to the day before SLITS. sad2.gif
Just for your update.
sb914
Thanks for the update sad.gif
euro911
Wow, there are a few guys on the list I wasn't aware of sad.gif

May their souls rest in peace.
JoeSharp
QUOTE(euro911 @ Aug 22 2018, 10:19 PM) *

I had to check, I'm still not on it...
sixnotfour
Stephen Demosthenes route 30 classics May 29, 2018

Dave Said Triad Muffler https://members.rennlist.com/washington_sta...ts/19991023.htm

Ralph Meaney Gt racer June 10, 2018
sixnotfour
James, lapuwali http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=55559
sb914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Aug 26 2018, 04:18 AM) *

James is already listed thank you sad.gif
bdstone914
Todd Morris, Close friend and 914 owner, Passed away from lung cancer about 2 years ago.
Several members here knew him and attended his paddle out at Hunting Beach. Sad that he might have been saved but the DR missed the lump on his X-ray originally. Went in for pain he was having and found out he had stage IV cancer. The DR checked the old X-ray taken two years ago and saw the lump then which could have been treated then. He lasted about 6 months.
RIP peace brother.
Could not find his screen name which I remember be chose as Dumbass914.

@sirandy
bdstone914
I think this thread is appropriate. I have pondered how we can we can collect the posts of those who have past and contributed and shared so much knowledge such as Cap'n Krusty, Slits, etc. Many newer member never knew those who are now gone but being able to collect their wisdom and contributions would be an honor to them and allow them to continue helping others to which they so frequently posted.
Any ideas ?
@sirandy
bdstone914
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Aug 23 2018, 03:30 AM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Aug 22 2018, 10:19 PM) *

I had to check, I'm still not on it...

Hi Joe,
Your post reminds me of Mark Twains statement that he reads the obituaries first in the morning to see if it is worth starting the day.
May your name not be posted here for a long long time.
smile.gif
Bruce
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Steve @ Aug 17 2018, 11:24 AM) *

John's favorite line at the track: "The guy didn't run out of brakes, nor acceleration...He ran out of Talent"
John was a good friend and a road racing mentor to me and my son
Bleyseng
QUOTE(JRust @ Aug 16 2018, 10:18 AM) *

I didn't know everyone on a face to face basis. Although it felt like it as we know them through the world. Amazing how much you get to know people through the web though. Our community is one of the best around. I appreciate it & all that have contributed through the years. Especially those that have left us wub.gif

I'll leave a little story about JP. Met him pre 914world. Went up to a BBQ at his place to check out the Shitbox happy11.gif . He had these wooden Boxes he built he would set his car on. Looked a bit funny but man those were solid & handled the weight no problem. JP was one of those "crotchity" older guys. Wonderful guy who spoke his mind. Might rub some the wrong way but wasn't a prick. He just knew what he knew shades.gif . He was super helpful to me. Even helped me partout a burned up 2.7 I had picked up. Bought a burned up six conversion. Pulled the motor & took it up to JP. The motor was pretty well shot from the fire. I was still amazed when we pulled it apart how many good parts he saved. We just split what we sold 50/50 with JP doing the selling. Since he knew those motor's like the back of his hand. Worked out great & we both got a little coin. Better spent was the time pulling that motor apart with JP. When he wasn't smoking a heater. He was happy to explain everything about the motor. I learned a lot from JP that day. JP was always helpful on the world as well. I always pictured him & CapnCrusty together at some event lol-2.gif . I swear fireworks would have went off as they gave their opinions on how to do things. The back & forth would have been a treat to be a part of. I would have loved every minute of it

Yes I met JP a few times even once at David Saids. Here is a old video of Us meeting at JPs
iamchappy
Our 914 Friend Qarl ( Karl Ellzey ) left us yesterday January 2nd. The loss of his son Hunter last summer and the struggles he and his wife Susan have had coping with the loss of their boy and a few dogs recently was more than Karl could bare. We talked last week the day before Christmas, he was struggling with depression, we covered a lot of topics and i was looking forward to seeing him a few weeks from now. Your thoughts and prayers to his family during this time.

Chap

Click to view attachment
mepstein
I'm shocked and sad to hear that.
SirAndy
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Jan 3 2019, 10:07 AM) *
Our 914 Friend Qarl ( Karl Ellzey ) left us yesterday January 2nd. The loss of his son Hunter last summer and the struggles he and his wife Susan have had coping with the loss of their boy and a few dogs recently was more than Karl could bare. We talked last week the day before Christmas, he was struggling with depression, we covered a lot of topics and i was looking forward to seeing him a few weeks from now. Your thoughts and prayers to his family during this time.

ohmy.gif
Mueller
So heartbreaking to hear about Karl, after that I am at a loss for words.

rhodyguy
So disheartening. Tragic story.
SteveL
So very sad to hear about Karl.
May he rest in peace.
Chris H.
OMG not Karl ohmy.gif . That's unbelievable and so sad to hear. Thanks for letting us know Chap.

RIP Karl. We will miss you.
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 3 2019, 11:16 AM) *

Is there more info about Karl?
Cairo94507
I am extremely saddened to learn of Karl's death. I knew about Hunter and that was a tough one. I just pray they are together and happy now. Depression is no joke. Deepest condolences to Karl's wife over the lost of her husband and and son. sad.gif
Mark Henry
So sad.... sad.gif

RIP
Cracker
Read between the lines...very sad indeed!

T

QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Jan 3 2019, 04:31 PM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 3 2019, 11:16 AM) *

Is there more info about Karl?

carr914
RIP Q

Click to view attachment
Dr Evil
Holy shot. We talked on the regular through Facebook. I had no idea. So sad.
Eric_Shea
Godspeed Q. This can be a pretty tough place at times. Wherever you are, I hope you can feel the love we have for you. Godspeed.
IronHillRestorations
I only spoke with Karl a couple times, so very sad to hear this news. Rest in peace brother
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.