Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 000 + ptsrs present "Rare Shades"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
horizontally-opposed
On behalf of 000 and @ptsrs, I invite you to join us for Rare Shades on Thursday, 8/23 at the Canepa Motorsport Museum—a beautiful, hour-ish drive north from Monterey Car Week on one of its quieter days.

Registration for Porsches in PTS and unusual colors has now closed, parking in front of Canepa is available on a first-come, first-serve basis, and complimentary coffee from Corsa Lusso will be served along with local pastries. If you haven't poked around the museum, well, it's well worth the trip all by itself. You can learn more at 000magazine.com/rare-shades

Hope to see some of you there!

beerchug.gif

pete
SirAndy
Does surface rust count as a "Rare Shade"?
biggrin.gif
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 17 2018, 03:52 PM) *

Does surface rust count as a "Rare Shade"?
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Ha, that and oxidation used to be the most popular 914 colors, but times are a changin' and they seem to be getting rarer now... idea.gif

Mainly, I love the idea of seeing at least a few teeners next Thursday. They have a way of keepin' things real, and it's always great to see the peeps from this board.

pete
r_towle
What is 0000 and ptrsrsr?
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 17 2018, 04:32 PM) *

What is 0000 and ptrsrsr?

000 is a quarterly periodical on Porsche some friends, my wife, and I started in late 2016. Seemed like an interesting step after Excellence > Panorama. You can learn more about it at https://www.000magazine.com or check out a third party review at https://www.porscheroadandrace.com/000-magazine/

@ptsrs is an Instagram account run by a young enthusiast named Will Lee who is into Porsche colors, and focuses on PTS cars (but, through that, reviews historic colors as well). He's up to 93,000~ followers on what has been a hobby project to document Porsches delivered in unusual colors and color histories. You can find his page here https://www.instagram.com/ptsrs/

Rare Shades is an event idea created by Alex Palevsky, a friend and co-founder of 000 who thought it would be neat to create a Cars & Coffee on a different branch of Porsche from Luft, model-specific shows, concours, etc. And just feels right to invite folks from here, as 914s are where I started and, while the one that got me into Porsche isn't a "rare shade," it's still in the garage, 29 years later.

Hope to see you!

beerchug.gif

pete
Mueller
Tempting, need to see how much time I have on the books at work since I just went back to work after 4 months off...not sure if I want to do a leave without pay for a car event...of course I do smile.gif

Rich, I enjoy my copies of 000 , great articles and info not found in other magazines or online, best part is no 10 pages of Weather Tech ads!
rnellums
I'll be there!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.