Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replacement metal for area beneath battery tray?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Alfred
Has anyone done rust repairs to the metal panel that the battery tray support is welded to? Restoration Design doesn't seem to make this "ramp" like part in between #330 and #319 in this picture.

Alfred

IPB Image
MarkV
330 looks like this, it has some of the "ramp" as part of it. The piece between 330 & the engine shelf (319) is the top of the suspension console.
Bleyseng
If the top of the console is gone you will have to make it yourself.
Geoff
Alfred
Thanks. Odd that Restoration Design doesn't make this part. I have #319 and #330 here and I'm waiting for the battery tray and support and the lower, inner wheel-house. I could also use the part of the firewall where the top of the console meets it, but RD doesn't make that part either. Mittelmotor wants big bucks for a complete wheel house.

Alfred
Bleyseng
I just chopped up a old fender and shaped it into the right shape, cut it to fit the trimmed hole and welded it in.

Geoff
EdwardBlume
I've had two cars repaired in this area. One was cut out of a donor car and welded in from the passenger seat back to the control arm mount. The second had the area welded with new metal. You may want to use a good shop or weld additional area because the corrosion around the battery may not be the best metal to weld.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.