Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Help - How to move a stuck seat
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VegasRacer
Let's see how good you guys really are.
The passenger seat in Elvira has never moved as long as I have had the car. I figure now is about time to fix that. At first I thought it might be bolted in. That is not the case. The seat is all the way back. It is some how hung up past the last stop on the slider. The tilt lever does move, but there is no where for the seat to go. The seat is wedged in as far back as it can go.

I have pulled as hard as I can but the seat will not move forward.
Where is it caught and how do I get it un-stuck?
No, a sawzall-smiley.gif is not an option.
scotty914
could the bar that connectes both sides be broken and therefore only lifting on one side.

try sticking a long long screw driver or a piece of metal in to lift the other side and then try to slide it

edit: you are moving the seat tilt or trying to slide the seat you said the the tilt lever moves but the seat might be tilted all the way forward and cant go back because the seat is slid back. the slide lever is on the front of the seat, the tilt is on the side
pull the drivers seat if it is still on the stock slider pull it out to see how it works
VegasRacer
I mentioned the tilt lever just so you would know that it was functional.
The problem is with the slider.
The seat is past the last stop and will not move forward or backwards.

I already pulled the drivers seat for comparison.
I just can't seem to figure out where / how it is hung up.
Joe Bob
Depending on where the seat is stuck at....most of the time you can unbolt the slider from the floor and then futz with it when out.

BTW...have you tried hitting the slider with PB Blaster or Kroil and let it soak???

Then smack it on both sides with a dead blow hammer.
ArtechnikA
check for stuff (pencils, dimes, hairpins...) stuck in the slider channels.

these can be very character-building....
VegasRacer
Problem solved. Thanks for the support guys.

Here is the offending object. Another DAPO problem.
Joe Bob
Didya find the crack pipe?
VegasRacer
QUOTE ("*" @ Jun 15 2005, 10:09 AM)
Didya find the crack pipe?

No, but I did find a few mouse turds.
Can ya smoke 'em?

Good shit man! smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.