Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: oil cooler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BravoHotel
Finished the plumbing today. I am very pleased w/ the end result. I would like to thank all those who gave input...this is a great place to hang out and learn.

Brian
BravoHotel
nother pic
BravoHotel
and another...
BravoHotel
last one...
rhodyguy
what does the red line carry? i hope that bulkhead doesn't cut through it. think it needs a grommet?

kevin
BravoHotel
its just a vent for the fuel cell...it carries air smile.gif
seanery
I like your line routing.

That's the ticket for the blue car!
Thanks for showing us.
BravoHotel
no problem...it's fun being part of the "community". The hose routing was "fairly" painless...I did it solo. The only tricky part was getting the hose to make the vertical 90deg transition up and out of the longitudnal...fairly tight radius. I was able to get it partially up the radius, then had to reach straight down from the front trunk and grab both hoses w/ some pliers. From there just tug, tug, tug. BTW, you have to fish the hose THEN put the fittings on. beer3.gif
URY914
What is the reason for putting the cooler at the base of the windshield? Are you going to put some kind of a scope to direct air to it? I don't see how it will get any air flowing thru it.
tryan
you will have to repaint the car red. you will have the heat from hell.

i killed a vw motor in thr notchback when i glassed in an oil cooler in front of the cooling air intake. my mother is still pissed at me for fogging the house with resin fumes on thanksgiving 25 years ago. laugh.gif
madd_dogg_914
URY914, check out this thread:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...&f=2&t=3221&hl=

It explains the reason for going there, the pro's and con's, and even the great Brad Roberts chimes in with a bit of insight.

-Chris
BravoHotel
URY, here is a link to a previous thread where my choice of locations was questioned.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...=3221&hl=cooler

Brad and others confirmed the validity of that location as a high pressure area. Since the stock fuel tank has been removed, the 4" dia access hole below should provide adequate space for the hot air to escape.

Brian
madd_dogg_914
HAHA I beat you Bravo!!! In your own thread too!

tongue.gif
-Chris

(Gotta get my post count up, I have been lagging lately)
BravoHotel
i don't type too fast... confused24.gif
URY914
OK, I read the posts....
I'm still not sold on it, but any cooler in just about any location will help. It is better than mounting it to the bottom of the rear trunk-which I never understood.

Be sure to share your results.

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.