Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB: Early bumper RE-CHROMING / Repair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Nacho
Hello All

I have a 74 rear bumper if anyone is in need of one. Good price free! I’m only a few miles from Oscar so you can save on shipping.

Click to view attachment
76-914
Hey Oscar, I'm in. When will you be out here again? PM me so we can get together for payment, etc.Kent beerchug.gif
tyfighter123
Hey Nacho, I'll take it!

Thank you
Tyler

QUOTE(Nacho @ Aug 30 2018, 08:42 AM) *

Hello All

I have a 74 rear bumper if anyone is in need of one. Good price free! I’m only a few miles from Oscar so you can save on shipping.

Click to view attachment

brant
I have cores here in Colorado .... but they are not pretty

I'd hate to ship them out and find out it wasn't worth it
Ideally I'd find a front/rear core local to you Oscar... buy those and join the deal

Nacho, I could buy the one posted above from you... fill the 74 holes, and then I'd only need to find a front. Is it a good candidate?

brant
gcrotvik
QUOTE(brant @ Aug 30 2018, 08:17 AM) *

Ideally I'd find a front/rear core local to you Oscar... buy those and join the deal

Nacho, I could buy the one posted above from you... fill the 74 holes, and then I'd only need to find a front. Is it a good candidate?

brant

I have 2 black front 73/74 front bumpers that I don't need. They are in relatively good (repairable) condition. I will get pictures of them tonight and post them here. Free to those who need them, just pay shipping from Portland to CA.

Greg

Pictures below.
LS1V8Jerry
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Aug 30 2018, 11:46 AM) *

brant

I have 2 black front 73/74 front bumpers that I don't need. They are in relatively good (repairable) condition. I will get pictures of them tonight and post them here. Free to those who need them, just pay shipping from Portland to CA.

Greg

Very nice of you Greg.

Hope someone can benefit from your generosity.
Thanks to Oscar for helping me out for so many years.

Jerry
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 30 2018, 08:01 AM) *

Hey Oscar, I'm in. When will you be out here again? PM me so we can get together for payment, etc.Kent beerchug.gif

Hi Kent-

My next visit is next Sat or Sun. Let me confirm, I'll text you. Nice to hear from you.
idea.gif Maybe breakfast w Rudy at Richies diner again???

Oscar
Chris914n6
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Aug 29 2018, 03:11 PM) *

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Aug 29 2018, 03:04 PM) *

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Aug 28 2018, 06:56 PM) *

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Aug 28 2018, 04:05 PM) *

I've got an early rear that's kinda rough. Can I send you big pics and get your opinion if it meets the criteria?

Sure

Ovalerio23@gmail.com

Not as nice as I remembered, lots of bumpy rust. It's only hope is to be pretty again is painted.

Were you blasting to remove chrome? If so, I'd like to know how.

If you want, I can re-blast, repair, seal, prime and epoxy paint satin black like mine. these were in similar condition. $175 special piratenanner.gif

PM me if interested...oddly, I went from chrome to black recently.

I saw that thread, those came out great. I'll take you up on your offer but it will have to be later. I need to finish 914#1 before throwing money at 914#2
ValcoOscar
Nor Cal Bumper PU UPDATE

Two guys (retired employees) are picking up a car for my brother in SAN RAFAEL tomorrow late.

So if anyone wants to send down some bumpers give them lunch money and they'll bring them straight to me.

PM me to coordinate.

Oscar
markhoward
Props to Oscar!
tyfighter123
Hey Greg, can you PM me the pictures? Thank you for the offer I would love to take you up on it.

Tyler

QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Aug 30 2018, 10:46 AM) *

brant

Greg

patrick3000
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Aug 28 2018, 10:43 AM) *

I have a special group discount offered but I need a few more bumpers aside from mine. Right now I have 9…need a few more.
Oscar

PM Sent
gcrotvik
Front bumper pictures added in post 55 above.
deemsriddle
QUOTE(patrick3000 @ Aug 31 2018, 10:28 AM) *

I have a special group discount offered but I need a few more bumpers aside from mine. Right now I have 9…need a few more.
Oscar

PM Sent

I have 2 early rear bumpers and a front late bumper prime for restoration. I only need the front bumper and want it chromed, so I am motivated to sell one or both the rear bumpers and use the $ to pay for the front bumper chroming..

Also, I was wondering that with Okteenerfest coming up and so many 914 owners being present if we couldn't ship several bumper in a crate to ship by truck and share the expenses.

mepstein
QUOTE(deemsriddle @ Aug 31 2018, 10:44 AM) *

QUOTE(patrick3000 @ Aug 31 2018, 10:28 AM) *

Oscar

PM Sent

I have 2 early rear bumpers and a front late bumper prime for restoration. I only need the front bumper and want it chromed, so I am motivated to sell one or both the rear bumpers and use the $ to pay for the front bumper chroming..

Also, I was wondering that with Okteenerfest coming up and so many 914 owners being present if we couldn't ship several bumper in a crate to ship by truck and share the expenses.

I just shipped Ben 6 bumpers for another project. $180 total = $30/bumper. 70 lbs. Not bad. When I ship the 4 to Oscar (mine and Dion’s) I should be able to use small boxes instead of medium.
ValcoOscar
I updated Post #1

PM me of any changes or errors blink.gif

Oscar
patrick3000
Anyone have a lead on a front bumper that they can deliver to Oscar?

Thanks
carl k
Oscar-

The pickup in San Rafael didn't work out this morning- not enough advance warning to drive from my house to San Rafael. Looks like I'll be shipping them to you.

I did have a question: one bumper has a couple notches cut out. Can the bumper shop fill these? I could weld them myself but am not sure if they'd prefer to weld it a certain way or with a certain filler rod:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Depeding on your reply, either four or five bumpers will be heading your way soon.

thanks!
Carl

Click to view attachment

ValcoOscar
QUOTE(patrick3000 @ Aug 31 2018, 10:03 AM) *

Thanks

Hey Karl-

I do have this front bumper I did 4 years ago...very nice and shiny but not concourse.

I filled tit holes, lic plate holes and notched the bottom to match my GT valance.
Rigidity did suffer but otherwise just fine.

I'll offer it to you for $200 including shipping. Should you pass I'll offer it to others on this thread.

Let me know...

Oscar
Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(carl k @ Aug 31 2018, 10:22 AM) *

Oscar-

The pickup in San Rafael didn't work out this morning- not enough advance warning to drive from my house to San Rafael. Looks like I'll be shipping them to you.

I did have a question: one bumper has a couple notches cut out. Can the bumper shop fill these? I could weld them myself but am not sure if they'd prefer to weld it a certain way or with a certain filler rod:

Depeding on your reply, either four or five bumpers will be heading your way soon.

thanks!
Carl

Carl-

I don't have donor pieces to patch and my concern would be warping. Once I repaired a similar bumper and it came out ok but not worthy of putting it back on a nice 914...driver, maybe.

Sorry, I'd pass on this.

Oscar
gcrotvik
Front bumpers listed in post 55 are going to Oscar for tyfighter123.
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Aug 31 2018, 10:59 AM) *

Front bumpers listed in post 55 are going to Oscar for tyfighter123.

Got it... 14.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Aug 31 2018, 01:27 PM) *

Thanks

Hey Karl-

I do have this front bumper I did 4 years ago...very nice and shiny but not concourse.

I filled tit holes, lic plate holes and notched the bottom to match my GT valance.

I'll offer it to you for $200 including shipping. Should you pass I'll offer it to others on this thread.

Let me know...

Oscar
Click to view attachment

I want it if op passes. Thanks, mark
patrick3000
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Aug 31 2018, 01:27 PM) *

Thanks

Hey Karl-

Let me know...

Oscar
Click to view attachment

Oscar,

I will take it.

PM sent

Thanks,

Karl
Stingbee
Oscar, your offering is the best..Thank you!!..I have 2 rear chrome bumpers..
I will email you my pics I took this morning...
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Stingbee @ Aug 31 2018, 01:02 PM) *

Oscar, your offering is the best..Thank you!!..I have 2 rear chrome bumpers..
I will email you my pics I took this morning...

Sure thing.

Phoned chrome shop and updated him on quantity of bumpers coming his way, he said he can handle ours with ease. His wife recently had some medical issues and is at home recovering. He said he won't let us down. He is thankful for the unexpected business we're bringing him. piratenanner.gif

markhoward
beerchug.gif party.gif beerchug.gif
patrick3000
QUOTE(Stingbee @ Aug 31 2018, 04:02 PM) *

Oscar, your offering is the best..Thank you!!...

X2
76-914
Oscar, #1 - I don't see any mention of when or where to make the deposit/payment. #2 - If someone has an extra front bumper to sell, LMK. I cut my opening for the radiator a little too large and would like to have another to cut with a smaller opening. Therefor it doesn't need to be perfect. TIA, Kent
Larmo63
Hey Oscar, I'll be delivering that front bumper we talked about today to your house soon, certainly before 9/14.

Thanks for doing this for our 914 community. When this bumper comes back, I'll be selling a pretty decent front chrome bumper with no tit holes.

ValcoOscar
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 1 2018, 07:56 AM) *

Oscar, #1 - I don't see any mention of when or where to make the deposit/payment. #2 - If someone has an extra front bumper to sell, LMK. I cut my opening for the radiator a little too large and would like to have another to cut with a smaller opening. Therefor it doesn't need to be perfect. TIA, Kent

I believe I covered deposit on Post #1.

Kent..How about 7 or 8am breakfast next Saturday at Richie's Diner?
I will invite Rudy. I can get bumper(s) then. PayPal for deposit please.

@curbandgutter

pete000
I will be digging my bumpers out tomorrow.
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(pete000 @ Sep 1 2018, 09:42 PM) *

I will be digging my bumpers out tomorrow.

Hey Pete-

I'm driving back from Sacramento this afternoon, so far I have several bumper pick ups in OC for tomorrow. I know it's labor day but I still work. Let me know if you want to meet half way somewhere.

I'm reaching out to Don-6 too maybe I can swing by and get his tonight.

Oscar
Curbandgutter
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Sep 1 2018, 09:18 PM) *

@curbandgutter

@valcooscar I’ll be there.
bdstone914
If anyone needs a core rear bumper I have several for $75 each. I am close to Oscar and can deliver saving the freight to ship yours.
pete000
Can you swing by Torrance on Monday ?

I could meet you at Torrance Airport.

I might have three bumpers now.
CJDS914
I would love to get in on this adventure. I have 2 black bumpers that need to be Chromed. I'm in Monterey, anybody driving south? If not I'm sure I can ship them by the cutoff date.
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(CJDS914 @ Sep 2 2018, 10:55 PM) *

I would love to get in on this adventure. I have 2 black bumpers that need to be Chromed. I'm in Monterey, anybody driving south? If not I'm sure I can ship them by the cutoff date.

PM sent

Oscar
ValcoOscar
Fyi...

I picked up these from a central valley member.

All 3 are candidates for option #2

Click to view attachment
bdstone914
I am delivering a load of core bumpers to Oscar today. So far I have at least six rear ones available. Asking $75 to $125 for decent cores depending on condition. I have one early square corner type. I will sell it for $300.
Choice will be based on order of requests. Please post here or send a PM to me. Payment is required upon agreement of of the selection. I will not hold without payment. I have had too many cases where I hold a part and the buyer backs out
We will rank the bumpers on condition and if they fall into option 1, 2, or 3. Issues will be marked with paint pen.
Pictures will be posted here or you can email me at bdstone91@aol.com.
rgolia
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Sep 3 2018, 02:48 AM) *

Fyi...

I picked up these from a central valley member.

All 3 are candidates for option #2

Click to view attachment

I will take one of those. Let me know how much and l will send $. I want no tata holes. Now just to find a front donor. Anybody got one they want to sell.?
bdstone914
QUOTE(Morph914 @ Aug 29 2018, 12:52 PM) *

Oscar,
I have a front and rear bumper packaged and ready to go, just need the shipping address.
I ended up making my own box, it ain't pretty but it will work.

Cheers,
JohnClick to view attachment Click to view attachment

See what they charge you to ship it. They sometime charge extra for a non standard shape. They do not tell you outright what the charge breakdown is.

@Morph914
bahnzai
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Sep 3 2018, 08:42 AM) *

I am delivering a load of core bumpers to Oscar today. So far I have at least six rear ones available. Asking $75 to $125 for decent cores depending on condition. I have one early square corner type. I will sell it for $300.
Choice will be based on order of requests. Please post here or send a PM to me. Payment is required upon agreement of of the selection. I will not hold without payment. I have had too many cases where I hold a part and the buyer backs out
We will rank the bumpers on condition and if they fall into option 1, 2, or 3. Issues will be marked with paint pen.
Pictures will be posted here or you can email me at bdstone91@aol.com.

Hello Bruce,
I will take the rear early core (@ $300) and a later rear nicer core (@ $125), if they are still available? let me know and I can PP the funds.
Any chance that you have a front core available?
Thanks!
Danny

Oscar, depending on what Bruce has available, I will get on your list and send the deposit(s). Thanks!
76-914
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Sep 1 2018, 09:18 PM) *

@curbandgutter

Sounds good. Your call on the time. 7 or 8 will work. beerchug.gif
ndfrigi
dropping 3 bumpers to sir Oscar this morning.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
Prices from Bruce to follow

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
Click to view attachment
bahnzai
Bruce,
based on your previous post, I would like the #2 Square Corner Rear, and the #1 late model rear. I probably will take the #9 front bumper, once I get the price smile.gif
Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.