Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Needed last minute item
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DRPHIL914
I cant find mine andni wastes an hour looking- i have to cap these off now and try and get battery gas and oil in car to test run - please pm me
and Admins, yes i put this here not in WTB because 1. i was hoping for a gift but i will buy, and 2. i need it asap and many dont go to the classifieds so ......
if anyone is going to okteenerfest and can spare one or wants to do a deal please let me know.
DRPHIL914
this
adolimpio
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 8 2018, 03:49 PM) *

I cant find mine andni wastes an hour looking- i have to cap these off now and try and get battery gas and oil in car to test run - please pm me
and Admins, yes i put this here not in WTB because 1. i was hoping for a gift but i will buy, and 2. i need it asap and many dont go to the classifieds so ......
if anyone is going to okteenerfest and can spare one or wants to do a deal please let me know.

I've got one and your welcome to it, unless you have fuse block cover to trade.
TheCabinetmaker
Cap the lines till you get one.. It'll run without it.
rhodyguy
What goes wrong internally with the valve?
adolimpio

It will certainly run without it, but be careful. My understanding is that its primary purpose in life is to limit vacuum during deceleration to protect the diaphragm in the MPS. So limit the down shifting and engine braking. You don't want to be buying a MPS.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(adolimpio @ Sep 8 2018, 08:24 PM) *

It will certainly run without it, but be careful. My understanding is that its primary purpose in life is to limit vacuum during deceleration to protect the diaphragm in the MPS. So limit the down shifting and engine braking. You don't want to be buying a MPS.

Actually, the function of the decel valve is not related to the MPS. Otherwise they would not have put them on L-Jet cars.

It's function is to hold open a bypass of the throttle plate when end engine experiences high vacuum on the intake manifold. Without it, a snap close on the throttle can cause the engine to stop.

DRPHIL914
QUOTE(adolimpio @ Sep 8 2018, 07:52 PM) *

i will look, but i think mine was warped and thats when i put in a new J-west fuse bank.
still interested though
adolimpio
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 8 2018, 11:31 PM) *

i will look, but i think mine was warped and thats when i put in a new J-west fuse bank.
still interested though

It's yours in any case. I'll bring it with me,
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(adolimpio @ Sep 9 2018, 06:51 AM) *

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 8 2018, 11:31 PM) *

still interested though

It's yours in any case. I'll bring it with me,

i wanted to again say thank you for bringing the decel valve for me!

Phil
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.