Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wiring up a washer switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JFG
i have an external motir that i'm wiring up to it's own push & hold switch on the dashboard. the pump has a + & - on it but the switch has nothing.

am i correct in thinking to correctly wire this up i need to do the follow

earth from the body to the -
switched live to one side of the switch and a wire from the other side of the switch to the + on the pump?

the live taken from an 8 amp fuse?
Dave_Darling
That should work. Switches are generally non-directional--they either connect the two terminals, or they break the connection. At least, the switches with only two terminals usually are...

There are also arguments for running the fused wire directly to the pump (+) terminal, and putting the switch in between the pump (-) terminal and ground.

--DD
HansJan
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Sep 10 2018, 11:53 AM) *

That should work. Switches are generally non-directional--they either connect the two terminals, or they break the connection. At least, the switches with only two terminals usually are...

There are also arguments for running the fused wire directly to the pump (+) terminal, and putting the switch in between the pump (-) terminal and ground.

--DD

To safe the switch, I included a relay in the circuit with the switch in the ground wire of relay controls.
SirAndy
http://www.914world.com/specs/tech_el_washer.php

smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.