Car show set up
TonyA
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 16 2018, 08:11 PM) *

Best of Show! beautiful car, Dave!

Congrates Dave, I had no doubts
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Matty900 @ Sep 17 2018, 10:47 AM) *

Car show set up

Matt I hope you can post more pictures! I know you got some good ones!

Phil
Jamie
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 16 2018, 04:10 PM) *

Kermit?

That's no frog, it's "Dad's Mistress" in beautiful Delphi Green, which Mom called "urine yellow!" bs.gif I don't recall if this L99A paint was ever used on 911's or 356's, and was a $206 extra cost custom color when Dad bought the car in 1973. 1973 and 74 were the only years it was available on 914's.
Jamie

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 16 2018, 04:11 PM) *

Best of Show! beautiful car, Dave!

This is the best turned out 914 I've ever seen! Wonderful result of Dave's 10 yrs. of labor, and he did all the work.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Jamie @ Sep 17 2018, 11:26 AM) *

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 16 2018, 04:10 PM) *

Kermit?

That's no frog, it's Dad's Mistress in beautiful Delphi Green, which Mom called "urine yellow! bs.gif

I remember that now, and is a beautiful and well maintained ORIGINAL car!! I posted the pic as an example of one of my favorite colors there actually, along with the '76 green metallic car and my '75 Copper metallic- all rare colors , thanks for brining it down again! There were several nice original cars, another one, red, that was next to me that I think should have been in the Original class, as he was the original owner and it was all original except for a rear view mirror and euro tail lights- I would still call that car stock- change those lights out and you and he are the only cars that could have been in a 'preservation' group!!!!
Tom_T
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 16 2018, 05:07 PM) *

back from the show, some beautiful and unique colors!
IPB Image

Just a word of caution after seeing the above pic with the yellow -6 (?) on the trailer ....

You don't want to tow your 914s backwards, since the wind pressure can push the rear window out, or at least rattle it loose, because it was never designed for wind pressure in that direction, being in a protected "alcove" & only getting wind from the front with the top down.

Load 'em front end first & save yourself some grief, whether flat towing, on a dolly, trailer, flatbed or whatever.

Looks like all y'all had fun & avoided the worst of the rains.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
johnhora
agree.gif with Tom...
I've seen a few roofs become detached while towing backwards...even while spinning off track....

Thanks everyone for all the fantastic pictures of a great event!
poorsche914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 17 2018, 10:31 AM) *
Love the pic's. wub.gif What was the final teener count? beerchug.gif

I think we had 40 914s displayed at the car show.
Quite a few cancellations or "drove another car" due to weather.

Looking forward to next year and 100+ 914s aktion035.gif

driving.gif
Live Event Uploader
=?UTF-8?Q?At_the_first_stop_during_Friday=E2=80=99s_drive?=

IPB Image

Jamie
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 17 2018, 10:03 AM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 17 2018, 10:31 AM) *
Love the pic's. wub.gif What was the final teener count? beerchug.gif

I think we had 40 914s displayed at the car show.
Quite a few cancellations or "drove another car" due to weather.

Looking forward to next year and 100+ 914s aktion035.gif

driving.gif

I noticed a few cars that were on the drive were absent from the car show. I bet they returned back home to the storm areas in the Carolinas. And 2 cars for sure missed the show because they were parked on trailers after the drive!
Live Event Uploader

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader
Rolled past 914 for the 3rd time. This time near Shreveport, LA

IPB Image

michael7810
QUOTE(JoeD @ Sep 16 2018, 01:38 PM) *

Let me try this again... Auf wiedersehen, Zusammen!Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Great pic
914dave
It was an incredibly fun weekend. This pic is the start of the drive to Jakes.

Click to view attachment
poorsche914
I have posted CAR SHOW winners and AWARDS winners in THIS THREAD

There are a few entries with no names since I do not have a list handy. Please let me know the names of those winners.

driving.gif
ClayPerrine
Betty and I made it home OK. We left Vicksburg at 7 am, and about 10 miles or so down the road in LA, the front seal on the transmission of Betty's car failed spectacularly. It looked like an Indy car blowing a motor. Clouds of white smoke boiling out from under the rear. We pulled off to the shoulder, and I looked underneath. There was a huge puddle forming in the time we got back to look.

So we drove slowly to the next exit, and we got Elwood off the trailer, and put Frody on it. Michael commented "Not everyone brings a spare 914." The rest of the trip was uneventful, but a bit hot for Betty, as Elwood doesn't have AC.

We are grateful it happened on the way home, and when we had the trailer. Just put us about 30 minutes behind schedule.

Thanks for a great event!
poorsche914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Sep 17 2018, 09:30 PM) *
"Not everyone brings a spare 914."

lol-2.gif

Glad to see you made it home. Thanks for all you both do at the event. See you next year!

driving.gif
poorsche914
Photo by Ken Fast

Click to view attachment
Jamie
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 17 2018, 07:11 PM) *

Photo by Ken Fast

Click to view attachment

I suspected that Steve was piloting that drone! So was it actually Ken's toy?
poorsche914
QUOTE(Jamie @ Sep 18 2018, 09:29 AM) *
I suspected that Steve was piloting that drone! So was it actually Ken's toy?

Yes, it was Ken smile.gif

I'll post some more of the drone footage including video tonight.

driving.gif
Live Event Uploader
4th and final time rolling past 914 on the tripmeter. This time in Las Cruces, NM

IPB Image

Matty900
Waiting to pull.
Matty900
piratenanner.gif
Matty900
aktion035.gif
Matty900
Making new friends
Matty900
Father & Son projects.
Live Event Uploader
Photos 1

IPB Image

seanery
QUOTE(Matty900 @ Sep 19 2018, 12:53 AM) *

Making new friends

Whats the story on the ashtray in this car? It's piqued my interest.
altitude411
QUOTE(seanery @ Sep 19 2018, 06:19 AM) *

Making new friends

Cool TVAAI shades.gif

Turbo Vacuum Assisted Ash Intake smoke.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(altitude411 @ Sep 19 2018, 10:52 AM) *

QUOTE(seanery @ Sep 19 2018, 06:19 AM) *

Making new friends

Cool TVAAI shades.gif

Turbo Vacuum Assisted Ash Intake smoke.gif

so that is the inside of my car- a member here made this, it holds a magnetic phone holder that slides into those holes, and sits very flat so my phone when using for nav and other hands free activities is secure- the holders originally designed to slide onto a vent. I do not remember who the member here was that made this, but it slides right in to the existing ashtray spot, nice and clean.
seanery
Nice!
billh1963
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 19 2018, 12:07 PM) *

so that is the inside of my car- a member here made this, it holds a magnetic phone holder that slides into those holes, and sits very flat so my phone when using for nav and other hands free activities is secure- the holders originally designed to slide onto a vent. I do not remember who the member here was that made this, but it slides right in to the existing ashtray spot, nice and clean.

here is the thread.... http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;hl=3d+ashtray
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 19 2018, 12:26 PM) *

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 19 2018, 12:07 PM) *

here is the thread.... http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;hl=3d+ashtray

might be time for a new group buy! I like it much better than having something on my windshield. I have an Ipad mini and would love to have a way to hold it there.
poorsche914
I have posted all the photos of 914s entering the car show venue on the Okteenerfest Facebook page.

driving.gif
Betty
Bill's first issue leaving for Okteenerfest Wednesday morning.
Click to view attachment

Kelvin Knight in his car at the museum at Barber Motorsport Park. This was on Thursday morning on the way to Okteenerfest.
Click to view attachment

Aston Martin 'model car' at Barber museum. Scale is 1 to 1.
Click to view attachment

There was even a 914 displayed in the museum.
Click to view attachment

You know you're a Gear Head when you're taking pictures of the shop equipment in the behind the behind-the-scenes tour that Kelvin arranged for us at Barber. Clay wants this Water Jet for Christmas.
Click to view attachment

Here's their extra large media blaster with Kelvin in the picture for scale.
Click to view attachment

Just a few of the motorcycles stored that they don't have room to display in the actual museum.
Click to view attachment

There's a walkway from the museum out over the track. That's a glass panel in the walkway... with one of the Porsche Experience cars flashing by under our feet.
Click to view attachment

The 914 Rubber Tech Session at the car show on Saturday. Bill (not in the picture) (who had finally got his car running and had driven the 13 1/2 hours straight through to make it) was the very happy recipient of new door seals and threshold plates.
Click to view attachment

Rear brake tech session Saturday in the hotel parking lot after the car show.
Click to view attachment
Betty
In honor of my car turning 400,000 miles on the way to Okteenerfest, a very kind fellow hard-core teener brought us a bottle of '914 Bourbon' made in New York (thanks again SO much for doing that 914dave!) which we shared with everybody on Friday 09/14/2018 at 9:14 p.m.

We displayed the empty bottle on my car at the car show on Saturday
Click to view attachment

And here is what we wrote on the bottle after it had been opened and enjoyed
Click to view attachment
rgolia
Very cool. Wish I was there to meet all you good peeps. Hopefully next year beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.