Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Broke down in Bakersfield Ca
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MJHanna
On way to Rennsport
Weld back by coupler going into transmission broke the weld needed another rod or a welding shop in area
Thanks
Mark
Maltese Falcon
A great reputable shop
Born Vintage Hot Rods, owner is Kamaka (from Maui)
661.873.4722, 2459 Fruitvale/ Bakersfield.
All types of welding, Fab + more than likely has the right od tube if you need a new one. I know about his custom builds ( and a SEMA build win as well) via instagram... good guy indeed welder.gif
I'd fix it for you...but at Rennsport 6 smile.gif
MJHanna
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Sep 25 2018, 11:48 PM) *

A great reputable shop
Born Vintage Hot Rods, owner is Kamaka (from Maui)
661.873.4722, 2459 Fruitvale/ Bakersfield.
All types of welding, Fab + more than likely has the right od tube if you need a new one. I know about his custom builds ( and a SEMA build win as well) via instagram... good guy indeed welder.gif
I'd fix it for you...but at Rennsport 6 smile.gif

Thanks for the information I hope to see you tomorrow at Rennsport
troth
QUOTE(MJHanna @ Sep 26 2018, 12:13 AM) *

On way to Rennsport
Weld back by coupler going into transmission broke the weld needed another rod or a welding shop in area
Thanks
Mark

I think my dad will be driving by you guys late tomorrow or early Thursday. They are in Flagstaff now. The itinerary has them driving through Grand Canyon to Hoover Dam and then to Paso Robles, CA for the night. The rough itinerary has them departing Hoover Dam at 4:15 PM. So would be driving by you guys around 9 PM. Don't have the rod in the spares stash, but if somebody can come up with one along route, they could deliver it to you along with tools to replace it.
pete000
Call Bruce Stone, he is in Riverside...
MJHanna
I’m going to pull it in the morning and go sit on Born vintage door step and beg him to fix it. He is about 13 min from where I’m staying
Mikey914
Let me know if we need to expedite new bushings to you. You may be able to re use the ones there if they are not crunchy. You will know when you go to remove them.
bdstone914
QUOTE(MJHanna @ Sep 25 2018, 11:15 PM) *

I’m going to pull it in the morning and go sit on Born vintage door step and beg him to fix it. He is about 13 min from where I’m staying

I would have a complete rod. Not clear as to what broke. Remove the bushings before welding. Requires a Visa to press out the pin. Call me at Pelican if needed 888 280 7799 or my cell 951 536 7478

Bruce
MJHanna
Not the best picture but here is the end of the tube that attaches at the transmission
76-914
I'm 30 S of you with transportation and a lift if needed. I can drive you to Bruce's, grab a new rod and have you going quickly. LMK here. I'll watch this thread this morning in case. Kent
bdstone914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 26 2018, 06:40 AM) *

I'm 30 S of you with transportation and a lift if needed. I can drive you to Bruce's, grab a new rod and have you going quickly. LMK here. I'll watch this thread this morning in case. Kent

If you get is welded it looks like the solid rod is loose from the tube. There is a clocking of that shaft with the hole to position it to the tube. If it is off nothing will line up. I have a jig that I use to set the shaft to tube orientation.
Those cone screws are supposed to be replaced. At least clean them and use some locktite

Kent. He is in Bakersfield. Are you heading that way?

Call me at 951 536 7478 if you want a rod. We can work out payment later.

Bruce

@76-914
@MJHanna
Chi-town
Oops, forgot my u-joint is wasted headbang.gif
mmichalik
It's too bad we don't have "like" buttons here. It's great to see people come together and help each other out.

Nice job, gentlemen!
76-914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Sep 26 2018, 07:14 AM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 26 2018, 06:40 AM) *

If you get is welded it looks like the solid rod is loose from the tube. There is a clocking of that shaft with the hole to position it to the tube. If it is off nothing will line up. I have a jig that I use to set the shaft to tube orientation.
Those cone screws are supposed to be replaced. At least clean them and use some locktite

Kent. He is in Bakersfield. Are you heading that way?

Call me at 951 536 7478 if you want a rod. We can work out payment later.

Bruce

@76-914
@MJHanna

@bdstone914 hadn't planned on it but if he needs it I thought I'd run by your place on the way up. Besides, I'm semi-retired so time on my hands. beerchug.gif
EdwardBlume
Looks like the right guys are involved.

If you get it temp fixed but need a longer term part, you can get this in Pleasanton or I can bring it to RRVI. No cost.
EdwardBlume
Better pict
MJHanna
Got fixed !!! Great guys at the shop they welded it and sleeved it
Shifts great
I’m back on the road to Rennsport
That’s to everyone for all your help

Mark
Ferg
smilie_pokal.gif
76-914
Boogie, boogie before they drink all the Beer! beerchug.gif
ConeDodger
Hey, I’m just sayin... slits would have had him fixed but too drunk to drive last night. evilgrin.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 26 2018, 06:24 PM) *

Hey, I’m just sayin... slits would have had him fixed but too drunk to drive last night. evilgrin.gif

smile.gif agree.gif smile.gif

Looks like Mark had a big grin on his face today at Rennsport Reunion6; Kamaka's shop for the win driving.gif
GeorgeRud
It’s this sort of comradary that makes the old car hobby fun! The GMC Motorhome Group has a similar group of people that are ready to help other travelers out. If you ever get a chance, read ‘Ran When Parked’ by Rob Siegel where he documents his experiences going down, resurrecting, and driving home an early ‘70s BMW 2002.
get off my lawn
Q) What do you say to a good looking girl in Bakersfield?

A) You're not from around here, are ya honey?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.