Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Im not going to do it but...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
All the WRX talk got me thinking idea.gif If you took a car with bad floors and trunks why not do the full WRX all wheel drive sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif Stick the engine up front use the subby drive line redo the floors wacko.gif
ArtechnikA
IMO - a WRX is a very nice car.
if you want one, just go get one.
or use a VW Synchro or Audi Quattro driveline - except i'd suggest you just get one of those, too.

Porsche makes a very nice AWD with Subaru technology;
maybe that's what you wanted instead.

trying to rfit the complete floor structure of a midengine unibody car to resemble the floor structure of a different, front-engine, unibody car, strikes me as "long way to go for not much."

far be it from me to stifle creativity or innovation, so if someone were to do a conversion like this, i could admire it for the quality of its implementation. but i'd probably walk away shaking my head...

just MHO, your car, your money, do what you want...
spare time toys
That is why I stated start with a car that needs floors and trunks. It would be to save the body lines of the 914 and have a killer drive line. I dont like the body of a WRX but have taken a ride in one at work. They are a blast. Put that in a lower car and it should not be as heavy. I have my Salvage lic. so I could get it cheap out of the insurance auctions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.