Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do you separate this wire connector?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dgraves
Sorry for the poor (dark) photo. How do you go about separating this wire connector? I think my heater fan might need rebuilding. Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
Just pull the wires out. The wires will come undone at one or both ends. Dont pull so hard that they break.
North Coast Jim
QUOTE(dgraves @ Oct 7 2018, 07:00 PM) *

Sorry for the poor (dark) photo. How do you go about separating this wire connector? I think my heater fan might need rebuilding.

What Jeff said
rgalla9146
the two wires closest to the motor are attached to the plastic piece
the two away from the motor will pull out.
Rob-O
Before you pull the motor, why do you think it needs replacing? If it’s just not working I’d start with the control in the passenger compartment if you haven’t already. The wires fall off and they also corrode to the point that it won’t turn the fan on.
Dave_Darling
Dynamite. That will separate the wires!

Oh, you mean separate from each other, not all of the tiny pieces of the car, and in a way that they can be re-connected?

Yeah, just do what Jeff said.

--DD
theer
After you pull one or both wires out of its connector (probability in the high 90% range), use long needle nose pliers to extract the connector.
simonjb
You can buy replacement connectors if needed. Bughaus
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.