Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 cone zone pca meet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Larmo63
Underdog:Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
QUOTE(drem914 @ Nov 1 2018, 04:05 PM) *

Sorry guys, I won't be able to join you this year like last. My car is still getting the engine mated back to the body smash.gif welder.gif and I have to go down and pick up my seats from Tony at Autobahn Intiors. They will be finished tomorrow. piratenanner.gif

Progress photos below. You might notice the bolsters where also deepened about an inch.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

wow that is beautiful! do you mind sharing how much it cost you for it?
thanks!
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Nov 1 2018, 05:01 PM) *

Underdog

Sir Lawrence, why u said ur 914-6 conversion is an UNDERDOG? Maybe this one will be underdog this coming saturday.

Click to view attachment
drem914
QUOTE(sb914 @ Nov 1 2018, 04:35 PM) *

Seats look great! Come by anyway,you'll still have fun.

I would but the pick up is in San Diego at 9 and by the time i get back you guys will be gone.
Marv's3.6six
Polished my wheels for the first time in years. They look purdy. drooley.gif See you guys tomorrow.
Cairo94507
I just confirmed with Jim that he will be there so my brother and I will be there for sure. Hope to meet some of the L.A. area crew. beerchug.gif
sb914
QUOTE(Marv's3.6six @ Nov 2 2018, 08:37 AM) *

Polished my wheels for the first time in years. They look purdy. drooley.gif See you guys tomorrow.

Beautiful!
Socalandy
Jim, Kent, Taylor and I are in
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Marv's3.6six @ Nov 2 2018, 08:37 AM) *

Nice..too shiny, we'll need some shades to look at these.

shades.gif aktion035.gif shades.gif aktion035.gif smoke.gif smoke.gif

Oscar
ValcoOscar
Fueling up for Cone Zone

beerchug.gif

Oscar

Click to view attachment
SO.O.C914er
Beautiful car there Oscar smilie_pokal.gif haven’t seen you drive that one before.
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(SO.O.C914er @ Nov 2 2018, 09:24 PM) *

Beautiful car there Oscar smilie_pokal.gif haven’t seen you drive that one before.

Recent stable mate...original 1970 914-6 acquired from original owner. biggrin.gif smile.gif

Oscar
HIPPIEKILLER
See you all there gentlemen.
jim_hoyland
Ready.....
Tom_T
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 3 2018, 06:44 AM) *

Ready.....

Lookin' good Jim!

.... but you're what - 5 mins away!? confused24.gif poke.gif biggrin.gif

My wife & I will be heading over shortly, chowtime.gif chowtime.gif but sans 914 (still not dun dry.gif ).

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
sb914
22 cars today! Click to view attachment
sb914
Click to view attachment
sb914
Click to view attachment
sb914
Click to view attachment
SO.O.C914er
Always fun getting together with the local 914 group. Thanks Eddy for taking the pictures. Good turn out with 22 cars today driving.gif ......Paul
sb914
QUOTE(SO.O.C914er @ Nov 3 2018, 11:48 AM) *

Always fun getting together with the local 914 group. Thanks Eddy for taking the pictures. Good turn out with 22 cars today driving.gif ......Paul

There will be a poster like last year!
abes914
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

And noel’s boxter. Beach914’s slant nose cabriolet left before I was able to take a photo.
Click to view attachment
abes914
A couple that caught my eye and couldnt resist
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

abes914
It was a good turn out and glad to meet old friends and met new ones as well.
beerchug.gif
drem914
Looks like a great turnout. Sorry I could not be there, but I'll be there next year for sure. driving.gif
ndfrigi
Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
nice individual car shots Abe!
olsib914
shout out to Oscar for letting us drive his improved "go-carts"..been two years since mine was drivable...still grinning ear to ear
Olsib 914..another Mike
SO.O.C914er
That’s Oscar, just one of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet. Plenty of us have thanked him for one reason or another! agree.gif beerchug.gif
sb914
It was fun to watch guys in gt3 and spyder denied parking for our narps!
ValcoOscar
Always fun hanging with you guys...props to Rudy and Jerry who came in from Murrieta and Madera, Ca

Oscar
Tom_T
QUOTE(sb914 @ Nov 4 2018, 08:06 AM) *

It was fun to watch guys in gt3 and spyder denied parking for our narps!

The guy with the 356 Cab who was also turned away in putty or light grey (don't recall the Porsche color name) was their GPX Region VP, but the really interesting thing about that one was that it was ORIGINAL paint! blink.gif

Cone Meister Dick Douglas told me that he had stored it for 30 years in a bubble while he worked overseas! drooley.gif

Great turn-out guys!

I think that they're going to try to have 914s Cone Zone as an annual Nov. event - so I'll see if I can convince our OCR Cone Meister Rob Greene to make ours an annual Spring event for a set month too.

Perhaps some of you in LA, SD, San Gabriel, Riverside & Santa Barbara Regions can see if you can get your local regions/chapters to do a similar thing for your breakfast or other regular events (many haven't started the cone zone idea which OCR started a couple of years ago). Tell them that it's a good way to draw in non-members as potential recruits too.

I was glad that I could make this one after my travel plans away changed, because I had to miss the 9/3 OCR by going to our big annual Cherokee Ceremonial gathering in OK over Labor Day weekend which I do every year.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

sb914
Anyone know his last name? For the poster Click to view attachment
sb914
And his name Click to view attachment
sb914
Guy in middle
Curbandgutter
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Nov 4 2018, 07:41 AM) *

Always fun hanging with you guys...props to Rudy and Jerry who came in from Murrieta and Madera, Ca

Oscar

Oscar I had such a fun time driving your "loud" evilgrin.gif 74 with a 2.7 6 in it. That puppy loved to bark in between the gears. The last time I drove a 914 was my 6 in 98. It too had a 2.7 so this reminded me how much I missed driving these little go karts. Thanks Again.

BTW thanks for the 916 bumpers. I will be modifying them to work with what I am doing.
Curbandgutter
QUOTE(sb914 @ Nov 5 2018, 11:09 AM) *

Anyone know his last name? For the poster Click to view attachment

The guy on the left is me.
sb914
I got you Rudy I need last name of bob ?
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(sb914 @ Nov 5 2018, 11:33 AM) *

That's his last name shown

Oscar
Beach914
QUOTE(sb914 @ Nov 5 2018, 11:10 AM) *

Taylor is his first name. Maybe someone can chime in on his last.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(sb914 @ Nov 5 2018, 12:33 PM) *

Robert Asam
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Beach914 @ Nov 5 2018, 11:37 AM) *

QUOTE(sb914 @ Nov 5 2018, 11:10 AM) *

Taylor is his first name. Maybe someone can chime in on his last.

Yes...his last name is Aungst
Oscar
Cairo94507
I am still awestruck that Oscar had 4 of his cars at the Cone Zone and that left 3 still at home! On top of that Oscar was walking around with a box of muffins and other treats in the am for anyone who was hungry. Talk about a nice guy!

I feel fortunate to have gotten in on the group buy for bumper chroming and I know how much effort it takes to put together something like that. I believe he said they ended up with something like 87 bumpers being done. w00t.gif
sb914
Got em! Thanks.
jim_hoyland
Wow; there was a WCR size crowd there. Good seeing old friends I hadn't seen in years, and good meeting new members. Great day for a gathering.... smile.gif
And thanks to Tom for the tip for driving North without getting on the 405; I'm going to try it........ smile.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 5 2018, 04:57 PM) *

Wow; there was a WCR size crowd there. Good seeing old friends I hadn't seen in years, and good meeting new members. Great day for a gathering.... smile.gif
And thanks to Tom for the tip for driving North without getting on the 405; I'm going to try it........ smile.gif

agree.gif
Great turn-out, & both the OCR & GPX folks all notice what a great turn-out we 914ers get at these breakfasts, the concours, etc.!

That'll work for you Jim, cuz it's worked well for us whether slow & towing, or just with a car! Avoid the 5, 405 & 101 at all costs, is my motto!

Unfortunately, I got to talking to a retired Motor Trend writer/editor Jim Sacz (sp?) who is a GPX member that Dick D introduced us too - great chat with him, but I missed getting around to meet everybody from on here.

I don't know that my 914 resto will be ready for 2019 WCR down south next year, but hopefully I can meet everybody that weekend, & place faces & cars - with names & screen names.

My getting all of the with names & screen names placed with faces is a challenge for me! blink.gif wacko.gif unsure.gif

It seems like world could do with a member directory that includes everybody, & lists their actual name, screen name & 914(s) which we could search. Maybe make up name badges with your own pix etc. - like they do for 40th & 50th year reunions for old farts like me!? biggrin.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.