Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back shocks/springs?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PatrickB
Probably been covered a bunch of times, but..
I think I'm due. pretty sure I've got a spring getting weak on one side, and don't like the way the spring perches are held in place on the current setup... so I'm looking for something else. Would like a fairly solid spring rate. Also want adjustable perches.
We autocross the car.
On the off chance someone here in Ontario has something used on the shelf I'm willing to go for a short drive, but I'm looking for something decent that will do what I want. Not specifically looking for used but if there's something decent available and I can save a few bucks it doesn't bother me.
Any suggestions?
mepstein
Rebel Racing has what you need. Prices are fair.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
you could use bilstein with 914-6 factory springs to get more oversteer for autocross

QUOTE(PatrickB @ Oct 9 2018, 02:36 AM) *

I think I'm due. pretty sure I've got a spring getting weak on one side, and don't like the way the spring perches are held in place on the current setup... so I'm looking for something else. Would like a fairly solid spring rate. Also want adjustable perches.
We autocross the car.
On the off chance someone here in Ontario has something used on the shelf I'm willing to go for a short drive, but I'm looking for something decent that will do what I want. Not specifically looking for used but if there's something decent available and I can save a few bucks it doesn't bother me.
Any suggestions?
PatrickB
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 9 2018, 11:18 AM) *

you could use bilstein with 914-6 factory springs to get more oversteer for autocross

QUOTE(PatrickB @ Oct 9 2018, 02:36 AM) *

We autocross the car.
Any suggestions?

Might not be a bad plan, car tends to understeer. Diesel did help with that though. More torque.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.