Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '75-'76 under gas tank fuel filter bracket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carl k
This is the best image I could find here on World of what I think is the fuel filter holder on a 1975. What is the correct shape of this bracket?

Click to view attachment

Is a square fuel filter supposed to clip into it, like the bracket I had below the engine shelf in my '74? Even if it was straight, it looks like the "arms" are too short. Or does the square filter go under the "arms" and get held against the opposite sheet metal?

thanks,
Carl
914werke
Yup that is correct. Uses the late style sqr filter with diff. size inlet & outlet.
carl k
QUOTE(914werke @ Oct 12 2018, 11:22 AM) *

Yup that is correct. Uses the late style sqr filter with diff. size inlet & outlet.

The square filter goes under the bracket?

thanks,
Carl
TheCabinetmaker
Yes it does, but gonna be hard to do with that plumbing. The filter needs to be in the front of the pump. Are those ethanol and hi pressure lines? That elbow on the fittings looks too high. Have you test fitted the tank?
914werke
QUOTE(carl k @ Oct 12 2018, 11:32 AM) *
The square filter goes under the bracket?
thanks,
Carl

No it sits "in" a U shaped by the bracket & the body.
Your bracket has been bent out of shape.
carl k
Hi guys-

Thanks for all the replies.

The picture is not my setup, just one I found on another 914World post. I will upload a picture of what I've got this afternoon. I'm trying to go back to stock (car came with carbs and a Facet pump with generic inline filter).

Carl
Chris914n6
That mount is supposed to be straight and perpendicular. The square filter has a flange that slides inbetween and sort of locks into place. Sits under.
jim912928
Just as an FYI...that setup is mine, fit's fine and it's for a 3.2L converted car i finished about 6 years ago. It's a 911 fuel pump with a course filter in front of the pump and a fine filter in the engine compartment.
carl k
Thanks! That's the info I was looking for. Sorry if my question wasn't clear.

Here's how I have done mine:

Click to view attachment

-Carl
bigkensteele
QUOTE(carl k @ Oct 12 2018, 04:44 PM) *

Thanks! That's the info I was looking for. Sorry if my question wasn't clear.

Here's how I have done mine:

Click to view attachment

-Carl

Where did you buy that filter? I have never seen one with the ribs that would secure it to the clip on the body.
914Sixer
That is a standard Bosch filter, the ones they sell now DO NOT have locking ridge. I guess its to expensive to make them correctly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.