Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Radio Control 914 Body Group Buy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
GTeener
QUOTE (djm914-6 @ Sep 6 2005, 11:19 AM)
The 914Gurl car is next on the paint/ assembly table. I'll post a few inprogress pics as I go.

girlboing.gif Goody! Goody!
scotty b
Has anyone finished one of these cars yet? Then again I guess these are 914s so maybe no one will ever really be finished but there should be varying degrees of completion.

There has been talk on the RC Board I'm on about a different kind of paint contest. This will be to replicate a car in disrepair. I figure the 914 would be a perfect candidate for such a paint scheme. I'm picturing Rusted sails and fenders, dented doors, mismatched panels and light lens. The only part I haven't figured out is the sagging longs.

The 914Gurl car is next on the paint/ assembly table. I'll post a few inprogress pics as I go.

wink.gif Currently on jackstands....tiny jak stands. I have however run my chassis around quite a bit with no body smile.gif As far as the disrepar theme that is exactly what I would be interested in you doing to my bug body, if you are interested. As I said in the P.M., I want it to look like it did when I found it not like it WILL look when finished. Not looking to get the R/C body done right away though,unless you're looking for something to do unsure.gif
mikerose
QUOTE (djm914-6 @ Sep 6 2005, 12:16 PM)
. I paint 'em in the order I get paid.

Dave Dave Dave it is about the money with you ALL the time slap.gif

Mike cool_shades.gif
djm914-6
Ok folks, looks like I may have two more bodies available. They're already paid for too, thanks Mr. Rose. laugh.gif

Actually it's not really about the money. The money I bring in pays for new gear and supplies. If I were to actually break down what I get paid by the hour, I'd give up. This isn't a business, just a hobby. Shoot, if I had the courage to add thigs up, I think I may have lost a bit of money on this whole RC order anyway. I paid extra to get them here faster and lost money on PayPal fees.

So Mike, like I said before; Byte Me dough boy! flipa.gif
Kerrys914
wacko.gif wacko.gif
Okay I have been looking at getting the RC parts and I need some help.

WHat is needed to get a working car. It seems like most people don't sell ALL the parts with their car??

Anyone know where I can get a simple running RC frame and motor for the 1:10 shells?

The ones on e-bay are not complete and I know ZIP,NADA, NOTHING about RC cars

CHeers
GTeener
QUOTE (GTeener @ Sep 6 2005, 01:16 PM)

girlboing.gif Goody! Goody!

So where we at Dave? girlboing.gif
Kerrys914
Any special tools need to assemble the actual car kits? I am ordering my car this week
djm914-6
Sorry Gwen. Your car is still on the table. I've opened all the boxes and checked out the goodies but haven't started assembly. From the looks of this kit, it should take me about two evenings; maybe three with the few extra goodies I'm adding. The bodies are marked but not yet trimmed. The GTeener car is a quickie... maybe a few hours but the 914GURL car will take a bit longer. I have a great design layed out and think you'll flip when you see it. Boy I hope you like the girlie girl racing look. wub.gif
djm914-6
Kerry, you have a PM.
effutuo101
I know i am really late it getting on this post, but are there any more bodies left?
Chris
GTeener
QUOTE (djm914-6 @ Oct 3 2005, 01:16 PM)
Sorry Gwen. Your car is still on the table. I've opened all the boxes and checked out the goodies but haven't started assembly. From the looks of this kit, it should take me about two evenings; maybe three with the few extra goodies I'm adding. The bodies are marked but not yet trimmed. The GTeener car is a quickie... maybe a few hours but the 914GURL car will take a bit longer. I have a great design layed out and think you'll flip when you see it. Boy I hope you like the girlie girl racing look. wub.gif

Probably confused24.gif

I haven't seen too many girlie racers lol2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.