1/ yes / markb
2 / yes / scottb
1 / yes / GregD
2 / yes /obaa996

Total: 28

user posted image
user posted image

1:10 Scale
240mm Wheelbase/ 170mm width. Tamiya M-Chassis (long)

Price will be $35 including decals and shipping. I will place the order once I get at least 50 paid orders including my own of course. Paypal account transfer is prefered (so I don't get charged for credit cards) or money order. If I know ahead of time I may accept a personal checks.

PM me with questions. PayPal me using account djm914-6@comcast.net. Mailing address is 2 Olean Road, Burlington MA., 01803

I'll start a running list in this thread of orders. Please make sure you include your screen name, real name, Postal Address, and quantity with your order.

Note: I can not afford to loose money on this, so if the USD plumits, I'll either cancel the order or ask for an extra amount. Likewise, if the current rate changes for the better, I'll offer a refund of the difference, put the extra toward a paint job, or donate to the fund of your choosing.

Thanks for playing,
scottb
OOOOH!

i know nothing about r/c but having my car in scale would make me a happy boy (like the beat farmers song).

can you give recommendations on the proper r/c platform for this body, cost and a good excuse to tell the wife?

muchas gracias.....

fatlando
what's that plastic thing. is that the mold? is that what you paint? Do we cut it out ourselves? looks intresting.

fat lando
skline
these the bigger ones?

what length are they and what scale?
djm914-6
Carson Lexankarosserie des VW Porsche 914.
Die Karosserie hat einen Radstand von 240mm und eine Breite von 170mm. Sie passt somit auf das Tamiya M-Chassis (lang) sowie ähnliche Fahrzeuge.

Die Karosserie wird ohne Decorbogen/Fenstermasken geliefert. Diesen finden Sie unten.

GWN7
For those who don't know how to use Google.... biggrin.gif

"Carson Lexankarosserie VOLKSWAGEN Porsche 914. The body has a wheel base of 240mm and width of 170mm. It fits thus on the Tamiya m-chassis (long) as well as similar vehicles. The body is supplied without Decorbogen/Fenstermasken. You find these down."
scotty b
QUOTE (scottb @ Jun 17 2005, 03:13 PM)
OOOOH!

i know nothing about r/c but having my car in scale would make me a happy boy (like the beat farmers song).

can you give recommendations on the proper r/c platform for this body, cost and a good excuse to tell the wife?

muchas gracias.....

Ditto that. Scott's aint got no learnin of tiny cars. I always liked remote control cars but couldn't bring myself to spend the $$ But I may for this one biggrin.gif
spare time toys
QUOTE (skline @ Jun 17 2005, 06:17 PM)
these the bigger ones?

what length are they

Best I can come up with if I did the math correctly is 9.44 inches long and 6.69 inches wide. blink.gif
djm914-6
icon_bump.gif

Anyone interested?
scotty b
wink.gif I have never built an RC car,and am curious how much $ all of the parts would run? If it can be built for a reasonable price I would be in. Any good web sites with the necessary info and prices??
scottb
QUOTE (scotty b @ Jun 21 2005, 06:23 PM)
wink.gif I have never built an RC car,and am curious how much $ all of the parts would run? If it can be built for a reasonable price I would be in. Any good web sites with the necessary info and prices??

ya me too....

we scott's need info and numbers!!!
scotty b
QUOTE (scottb @ Jun 21 2005, 03:42 PM)
QUOTE (scotty b @ Jun 21 2005, 06:23 PM)

ya me too....

we scott's need info an numbers!!!

mad.gif Thats 3 of us damnit! Don't make us break out the rest of the crew chair.gif owned.gif
djm914-6
Grouchy People! slap.gif biggrin.gif

The store I usually go through doesn't carry the Tamiya M series cars anymore. I've seen quite a few on ebay though. Look for the Tamiya BMW M Roadster, Tamiya Boxster or Tamiya Carrera. I'll see if I can find a shop that carries these cars in a combo package. Otherwise, you need the chassis, Radio, Batteries and Charger. Quick guess is under $250 on the road. That get you a car that'll travel 25mph and scare the cats in the neighborhood.
scottb
mad.gif Thats 3 of us damnit! Don't make us break out the rest of the crew chair.gif owned.gif

hehehehe.... the threat of numerous scott's is more terrifying than the spanish inquisition!!!!

(insert monty python smiley)

I'll see if I can find a shop that carries these cars in a combo package.

sounds good to me. scott's like convenience.... we would appreciate it too. beer.gif
sj914
Do you have a definite due date for this buy? I may be interested in a couple sets.
djm914-6
I suppose I should come up with a date. I just figured I'd order when I reached 50 but it looks like it'll take longer than expected. I'll put some thought into it today.
Scott S
I am in for one.....
JoeSharp
I'm in for 2.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Eddie Williams
I'm in for 1
ClayPerrine
Money order is in the mail.

And I already have a built up Tamyia RC car that is the right scale. but it doesn't have a 914 body on it.

My painter is going to freak when I ask him to paint two RC cars exactly like our full sized ones.

The third one is going to be a Jello Mold.

mikerose
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jun 22 2005, 10:53 AM)
my painter is going to freak when I ask him to paint two RC cars exactly like  our full sized ones.

Dave has did this for me.

oh Yah DAM you dave ar15.gif

Mike cool_shades.gif
djm914-6
The list is getting longer... biggrin.gif

Mike, how many bigger ones do you want? And no I WON'T be freehanding another Jager car.
mikerose
Just (1)
someday I will get my last one from you laugh.gif

mike cool_shades.gif
djm914-6
and someday You'll have nothing to harass me on
sportlicherFahrer
Lando- You mask and paint the inside of the body, then cut it out, the put decals on. they are pretty bad ass.

Have a couple ?'s:

1. will it fit on a HPI RS4 Nitro2 base. It is gas powered. My 996 turbo body is a little banged up. Need to update.

2. Do you have any other dimensions like wheel base (axle to axle)?
Demick
#1 no

#2 240mm wheelbase, 170mm width
sportlicherFahrer
damn, that would have been sweet

the dims are correct i think, i would just have to cut it to hell i guess.
scotty b
QUOTE (djm914-6 @ Jun 21 2005, 05:14 AM)
icon_bump.gif

Anyone interested?

Just what I need, I get a new job making more money so what do I do?? I find something ELSE to spend it on mad.gif I"M IN!! One more question though...I'm currently restoring one of these (see link) for a customer and thought it would bee cool to have this body as a backup. It says it's a M chassis but measurements are a little different. No good for 914 body? If not I guess I'll get the Bimmer.
Come on Scott, you can do it too! biggrin.gif Look out for paypal

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?...roduct-id=58307
djm914-6
Almost right, I don't know what parts are different between the M04M and M04L. The 914 fits the L. BTW, I want the Alfa too.

scotty b, check this out...
http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/showthr...ad.php?t=196928

http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/showthr...ad.php?t=196506
Eddie Williams
Speaking of ALFA, my Dad had a Giulia Sprint GT Veloce back in the day. Anyone seen one for sale lately? 67 I believe. Any Sprint GT from the era would do, as he still has all the badges.
GTeener
Can I use it as a Jell-O mold?

idea.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (GTeener @ Jun 23 2005, 11:12 AM)

idea.gif

Why Not. You could have a Signal Orange Jello 914 for a centerpiece at dinner one night. lol2.gif
GTeener
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jun 23 2005, 09:18 AM)

idea.gif

Why Not. You could have a Signal Orange Jello 914 for a centerpiece at dinner one night. lol2.gif

My flavor of choice is red smile.gif

Oooh! Maybe an ice sculpture? Anyone try that yet with this mold??
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (GTeener @ Jun 23 2005, 11:20 AM)
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jun 23 2005, 09:18 AM)

idea.gif

My flavor of choice is red smile.gif

Oooh! Maybe an ice sculpture? Anyone try that yet with this mold??

Mine too. Bahia Red cherry flavored centerpiece?
djm914-6
lemon jello is faster laugh.gif
Demick
This would be one big jello mold. Remember, to make it work, you've got to make the jello at like 4x strength, otherwise it won't hold it's shape.

I made one with a 1/24 scale slot car body a few years ago. This was only about 6" long. These bigger bodies are more like 15" long (probably 10X the volume or more).
Demick
Oh the humanity!!
GTeener
Can I get a non-stick metal one for cake baking?

biggrin.gif
scotty b
QUOTE (djm914-6 @ Jun 22 2005, 04:34 PM)
Almost right, I don't know what parts are different between the M04M and M04L. The 914 fits the L. BTW, I want the Alfa too.

scotty b, check this out...
http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/showthr...ad.php?t=196928

http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/showthr...ad.php?t=196506

I couldn't see the pics without joining but I read the postings and these guys scare me rolleyes.gif Buy up people I want my Jello mold laugh.gif
GTeener
So has the count budged from 15?
djm914-6
Edit: Yup, it moved!

If I can find an investor, I can get more bodies and sell them as painted examples and not just the clear shell.

(BTW, I have some nice shades of pink in stock girlboing.gif wub.gif)
scotty b
Well Dave THANKS ALOT flipa.gif I haven't even gotten the 914 body yet and I have already bought a second body blink.gif Never built one of these before, No idea what the hell I'm doing but now I have two bodies screwy.gif This one is a split window VW, I guess if I find a dune buggy (Manx) body I'll be buying that one too. I'm holding you personally responsible for my pending bankruptcy. Guess I'll start eating doggy poo chowtime.gif stromberg.gif to save some loot.........

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=5983438118
djm914-6
Haha!
I was on the wagon for years. Then my nephews started digging through my basement... Gotta break down and sell some stuff.
djm914-6
I'm putting a deadline of Monday the 11th (05JUL11).

If your thinking of ordering but are not sure about what these are, please ask. If you've sent a check please let me know. If you are on the list but haven't paid, please do so. If your not on the list but wanted one, yell at me. Thanks.

Cheers, beerchug.gif

GTeener
What does this kit look like when it's finished?

Anyone done one before?

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Jacco
not mine, but found it on the net,

looks pretty good I guess wink.gif

Jacco
djm914-6
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-2...-1057030320.jpg

There's a nice pic of a red one from a German event that I can't find now. Does anyone have that?
MikeP
How many do you want this "investor" to buy? How much of an investment would get mine painted for me?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.