Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jennys' Car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Brad Roberts
The stay rocked. I spent most of Monday hanging out with Greg Fordahl swapping lies with him about 914 racing. They did have a SCCA autoX on that Sunday. Its called the SCCA Slush series (which is what we call it) I didnt get a chance to open the wine with her. She isnt feeling well (been sick now for a week) so we will wait until she flies in Friday.

Thanks for the leads "Dad" beerchug.gif

B
Porsche Rescue
Craig Laughlin of Camp 914 just hauled the black car seen at Dunkel's to Oregon on a tow dolly. It is now at Camp.
seanery
He dropped off my white car at my mechanic's on his way down. clap56.gif clap56.gif
Brad Roberts
Hum.

There is a new thread waiting to happen.

Should I dolley my 914 or flat tow it ??

B
seanery
Please don't get into that one.....I want to keep believing that this method was fine....I'm doing a side shift conversion and the car is getting a thorough going through before I drive it to Indy in May.
Brad Roberts
I'll drive with you (if you want a passenger) I need a reason to visit family.

Time it around the Michigan 914 meet.

B
Dave_Darling
Don't worry, Sean--the answer to B's question is "yes, you should". wink.gif

914s do fine flat-towed or dollied, as long as you don't scrape anything up. And remember to take the car out of gear. blink.gif

--DD
seanery
Thanks Dave! I do feel better now. biggrin.gif

Brad,

As far as the drive to Indy goes, I'm going to Anaheim for a show the last week in April. I'll probably be there for a week +/- a couple days to see some friends and then I'm heading east.

If you're up for it, it would be cool with me!

I usually stray a little in Colorado. I like to take I-15 to I-70 and then get off I-70 in western Colorado. I'll go south on Colorado 550 and go south and stop in Ouray (my grandmother took all the grandkids there during our 16th summer). Then I'll go back up north to CO 50 or is it US50? I'll go east from there over the Continental Divide and Gunnison Pass over to Pueblo and then back up to 70 and then the boring stuff of eastern Colorado and Kansas and then on to Indy.

Let me know if you're still interested.
GWN7
You can also tow them backwards......(2000 miles )just take the trunk lid off, along with the targa top and front and rear glass. Hardly any drag with those gone.
Gint
If you guys make the trip and end up driving through Denver, let me know. I'll feed and beer ya. Put you up for the night even if it works out.

As for towing, I dollied the brown car (front on the dolly) from L.A. to Denver with no trouble at all. Worked great in fact. Cheap and easy U-Haul one-way rental.
Ferg
Here's a link to what could be a deal, For Jenny, I don't know where the car is but came across it surfing, dont know where it is though

http://www.chamberlins.org/

seller: David Branson
Daytime Phone: 719-486-1106
Evening Phone: 719-486-1106
Dave_Darling
Nope. It's a 75 or 76--look at the bumpers. Still smog-liable in CA. Has to have the evil late-style exhaust on it to pass smog, and still gets inspected for at least another year. (Including on transfer of ownership.) And it's got Dells on it, not FI.

--DD
Jenny
Ferg, thanks for the lead anyway. Here's what I'm looking for (Brad, feel free to chime in here) I really just need a tub as everything on my orange car is in really good shape and can be transfered over. I want the tub to be straight with no body damage. Paint can be shit for all I care. If it's a stripped tub (hopefully), I'll take it to a paint shop and get the whole thing reshot. I can have a pretty engine bay that way as well. I figure any new paint job (even a Maaco one) will look better than just a tub with decent/good paint. It's less $ to paint than it is to repair body damage.

Any thoughts guys? Pros? Cons? confused24.gif
Ferg
I understand the smog problem, but I think It's still worth a call, for the money swap your engine in it and use the good parts between the two, looks like the paint and stuff is done for you. If you like gold that is. Hell if 12k was really put into it before it was blown I might want if for an eight conversion. Brad, what say you? Anybody find out where it is? 719 says CO, by me, but when I find it on autotrader it says it's 628 miles away. blink.gif
Jenny
What about this one? Yeah, it's a 75, but the price is right! This is Randy W's friend, isn't it??

http://www.craigslist.org/sfo/nby/car/8655694.html
Mueller
.....needs body work and looking at the floor picture, I think it's rusted more than it appears on the outside....I could be wrong, but I don't think it's worth it for you...someone else possibly......

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
GWN7
I was in Denver Tuesday. Darn, missed the free beer. Could have used a few after the drive thru the mountains. Next time. beerchug.gif

I was picking up this... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...DME:B:EOAB:US:6

It would have made a good doner for you. The paint isn't great, but the body is straight and no rust.
Jenny
Yikes! Can we trailer it through a car wash??

>>>>>>>

Hypothetically speaking, if I was able to miraculously get some shop space, can everything be transfered from my car to another tub in a day or two? If I had 3-4 guys that are 914 savvy helping?? I will be offering food, drinks, my gratitude, and sexual favors. ohmy.gif Any takers??

Jen
Mueller
Does Jeff know you are pimping him out ??

mueba.gif
GWN7
If you think it is dirty from sitting in the desert for the last 10 yrs, you should see it now after a 2000 mile ride home at the back of my truck. North Dakota uses what looks like coal dust on their roads to get rid of the ice. blink.gif
Jeroen
I bet South Dakota didn't even bother to use anything to get the snow/ice off the road though biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
GWN7
No snow to speak of in South Dakota. They need some or rain. A lot of farmers are selling their cattle off because if they don't get any, it will be a long dry summer. sad.gif Expect beef prices to rise because of this. ohmy.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jenny @ Feb 13 2003, 11:43 AM)
Any takers??

Jen

count me in aktion035.gif
Jenny
Thanks Andy. Will you be sporting black hair and head banging??
Mueller
The biggest challange I think will be the location....I'd offer my garage but no one ever wants to drive out to Antioch sad.gif

Count me in...I can even bring tools and a compressor smash.gif smash.gif
krk
Jen,

Sounds like fun. For me, it depends on the dates you pick. I'll join
in if I can.

I have a brand new Porter/Cable Tigerclaw that's looking for
action. (yes, that's a sawzall :-)

(hmmm. where the heck is Antioch?)

kim.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jenny @ Feb 13 2003, 02:00 PM)
Thanks Andy. Will you be sporting black hair and head banging??

pas de probleme.

the hair is most likely going to be green.
i could do that mohawk thing again.
well, and i bang my head all the time blink.gif

later,
Andy
richardL
My workshop in San Carlos is on offer as a location.

The Ferrari is gone now, so there is room wavey.gif

R
seanery
I wish mine was that big!
Mueller
I like your garage a lot more.....

hmmmm, what Ferrari did you have?? blink.gif

I never saw that car before.....you didn't get rid of the C2 now have you??
richardL
Nooooooo!!!!

It belonged to the previous owner of the house. It was a 330 GTC. I asked for it to be left as part of the house deal, but he didn't go for it...

I still have the C2 and the '75 tub

The workshop is just under 1000sq ft. It has 220V and a built in engine hoist

R
Mueller
Ohhhhhh........

I was confused.....I had either the wrong Richard, or I had thought you won the lottery smile.gif

Is it not hard to get a trailer down into your new garage?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mueller @ Feb 13 2003, 04:15 PM)
Is it not hard to get a trailer down into your new garage?

trailer? probably won't fit.

last time we had to wrap a rope around my jeep and let the 914 down the driveway. could be a major no no for hauling schtuff in and out.

richard, what do you think?

Andy
Bleyseng
I'll come depending on when, this time I might bring Monique with me so I guess I miss out on the sexual favors, darn.
Geoff
richardL
The minimum width on the drive is 8ft 6in. It has to be approached at a slight angle though and the drive is steep.

With a suitable rope it is possible to lower a car down there as long as it rolls. I intend to remove the narrowing, but not anytime soon. If a car has brakes its OK - just with no brakes you could end up embedded in the neighbors roof below ohmy.gif

We would have to do something like we did with Andy's Jeep or simply have a longer tow rope. I have never tried to get a trailer down there though.

We moved to that house a year ago from the one in Menlo Park.
Brad Roberts
I located a CHERRY 1974 Blue Metallic chassis today for 1500$ complete running and driving.

I keep a stash of cars that I dont share with people... well... I dont need this one and its smog legal now.

Oh.. tan interior.

B
seanery
You gonna buy it for Jenny?

Sounds like the right car, sell of the stuff you don't need to help fund the chasis.
Brad Roberts
Yes. We will buy it for her (I would have never told the list if I wasnt LOL)

B
seanery
If she doesn't want the tan interior I may be interested in parts of it if in very nice condition.
Brad Roberts
Its tan and in good shape, but the door panels are late style pattern (76 914)

B
Jenny
clap56.gif boldblue.gif Yay!!! So do you have pictures of it? Metalic blue sounds awsome. I can't wait.
fuch toy
I'm just waiting on the blow by blow description of the sexual favors.......preferably JS with a Studmuffin....or with me..... boldblue.gif
Mueller
Jennny never did say with whom the sexual favors would be with...yikes....maybe she has Burr in mind for 'ya

mueba.gif
fuch toy
Yack..... barf.gif
Bleyseng
I'll buy the door panels!!!!! mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.