Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PMB and excellent support
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
eyecolor
First of all, a thank you to PMB for providing me some small parts for my rear calipers at no charge after re-building them over 5 years ago. Promise to make it up to you.

In trying to install the spring to my E brake I saw a pin was broken off.
Searching this forum I saw an article on how to drill it out and replace it with the same bit used in the process. Worked beautiful.
Artcle written by none other than Eric Shea of PMB!

My issue is now the 13mm nut that you must loosen to adjust the 4mm hex screw to move the outer pad, jusr will not retighten.

Any thoughts !!!!

Thanks so much

George Ozer
Wilmington,DE
mgphoto
Use an allen key to hold the adjuster, 13 mm socket held with a vice grips, hold the allan key tightly through the square ratchet hole and tighten the nut.
eyecolor
QUOTE(mgphoto @ Nov 3 2018, 03:08 PM) *

Use an allen key to hold the adjuster, 13 mm socket held with a vice grips, hold the allan key tightly through the square ratchet hole and tighten the nut.

You were 100% correct.
Thank you!!
mepstein
QUOTE(eyecolor @ Nov 5 2018, 07:38 PM) *

QUOTE(mgphoto @ Nov 3 2018, 03:08 PM) *

You were 100% correct.
Thank you!!

I think he shows a picture of his “special” tool described above in his video. Glad it worked out. Let me know if there is anything you might need.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.