Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front suspension
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BiG bOgGs
Hello all! Moving along with my restoration, I pulled the front suspension this morning. This is my first Porsche restoration, so I’m learning as I go. It was previously converted to 5 lugs some time in its unknown past. From the pictures below, can anyone tell me what parts I’m working with here?

Click to view attachment
BiG bOgGs
Click to view attachment
BiG bOgGs
Click to view attachment
Mark Henry
Likely 911T, looks like M calipers. Measure the caliper mount bolt spacing, if 3" I'm correct.
If it's 3.5" it's later 911.

I have the 914/6 (same as 911T) struts, 3" spacing with the Alfa brembo Al calipers.
BiG bOgGs
Thanks, I’ll check that. Does it look like it was a full front end swap, or does it look like they used the stock 914 torsion bars with just the struts and brakes swapped?
rhodyguy
Are the hubs and the vented rotor one piece? I can't make out a parting line in the pictures.
BiG bOgGs
I believe they separate.

horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Nov 3 2018, 09:57 AM) *

Likely 911T, looks like M calipers. Measure the caliper mount bolt spacing, if 3" I'm correct.
If it's 3.5" it's later 911.

I have the 914/6 (same as 911T) struts, 3" spacing with the Alfa brembo Al calipers.

agree.gif

And, oddly enough, have the same calipers as Mark. Ran M calipers for years before that. They're certainly capable of slowing a 914 down.
Chi-town
Take the torsion adjusters off and count the splines, it'll tell you if they're 911 or 914.

Look at the ball joint retainer and see if it's a pinch bolt or wedge pin. (Bolt head or nut with washer)

Mark Henry
Clean up the side of the strut tube, the part # should be there.
mepstein
914 crossmember
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.