Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Case Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mblizzard
Getting ready to send my case out for some work and noticed these dowels on all of the case through bolts.

Been a while since I split a case but I don't think these are stock and there is no room for the stock little plastic vibration dampers that go on the bolts.

Anyone seen this before?

Click to view attachment
Chi-town
I've seen that with race prepped cases to prevent shift under hard use.
porschetub
Shuffle pins ,think that's the name ? ,not often used on a T4,worth while if you are pulling higher RPM.
Jetsetsurfshop
WOW. Cool mod for sure.
mepstein
QUOTE(Jetsetsurfshop @ Nov 5 2018, 02:19 PM) *

WOW. Cool mod for sure.

agree.gif I wonder what other trick it has.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 5 2018, 11:30 AM) *

WOW. Cool mod for sure.

Had tis additional seal/bearing cover to keep the seal from moving at high rpm.

Click to view attachment
90quattrocoupe
QUOTE(porschetub @ Nov 5 2018, 11:16 AM) *

Shuffle pins ,think that's the name ? ,not often used on a T4,worth while if you are pulling higher RPM.

Shuffle pins it is. Was used a lot on T1 motors. Keeps the case for moving around.

Greg W.
Mark Henry
Aluminum or biral cylinders and CB TB's. More than just shuffle pins.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Nov 5 2018, 02:48 PM) *

Previous version of engine. Soon to be Nickies and such.
pilothyer
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Nov 5 2018, 06:03 PM) *

Mike.....I am curious as to who you have trusted to do your case and crank and bearing work to ? Look forward to knowing your satisfaction with their work. Looks to be a nice build and wish you the best with it. Interested in what crank and rods you are using and which main bearings and rod bearings you will be using. The shuffle pins seem to be a good idea for higher RPM engines. I have built many succcessful T4 engines, but always looking for "cutting edge" mods. Thanks in advance for your reply. Jerry
Jetsetsurfshop
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Nov 5 2018, 11:44 AM) *

WOW. Cool mod for sure.

Click to view attachment

Find anymore mods? Who makes that induction?
DRPHIL914
almost a shame will all that set up, to take it apart and re-do it? that would have been nice as is for most of us... but this is Mike lol poke.gif what was displacement and cam set up as it was before you tore into it?
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Jetsetsurfshop @ Nov 6 2018, 06:21 AM) *

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Nov 5 2018, 11:44 AM) *

WOW. Cool mod for sure.

Click to view attachment

Find anymore mods? Who makes that induction?

That is a 44 mm CB Performance intake.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Nov 6 2018, 07:46 AM) *

almost a shame will all that set up, to take it apart and re-do it? that would have been nice as is for most of us... but this is Mike lol poke.gif what was displacement and cam set up as it was before you tore into it?

Well with all the 'street cred" you earn from breaking a crank in a 2.3 going 20 mph in a school zone, I figured I needed to up my game a bit to recover. Only had a mild performance cam in it previously but the new one is a bit more aggressive.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(pilothyer @ Nov 5 2018, 04:37 PM) *

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Nov 5 2018, 06:03 PM) *

Mike.....I am curious as to who you have trusted to do your case and crank and bearing work to ? Look forward to knowing your satisfaction with their work. Looks to be a nice build and wish you the best with it. Interested in what crank and rods you are using and which main bearings and rod bearings you will be using. The shuffle pins seem to be a good idea for higher RPM engines. I have built many succcessful T4 engines, but always looking for "cutting edge" mods. Thanks in advance for your reply. Jerry

Going to use Precision Machine Service (PMS), Pigeon Forge Tennessee. Talked with them on phone and went for a visit and was impressed. They are mainly "muscle car" guys but have the skills and drive to take on the odd jobs.

Up front they never promised to be fast but it would be right. Only time will tell.

Was a bit disappointed that many west coast shops I called or contacted never responded.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.