Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S '73 914 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
kgruen2
I'm selling my '73 914 2.0, rust free, White with Black interior, stock looking exterior, minor mods in the interior. Car had been repainted prior to my purchase in Jan. 2015. The following work has been done since the summer of 2015:

The engine was rebuilt, utilizing the original numbers matching case, by Raby Air-Cooled Technology to 2270SR specs (2270 cc), dual 44 IDF Carbs, Mallory Unilite Distributer, new clutch and pressure plate, balanced to race specs, powder coated tins and cooling system. Engine dynoed at 178 hp @ 6400rpm, 164 ft.lbs. torque at 4900 rpm. Raby Certificate of Authenticity. Engine has approx 12,000 miles since rebuild.
New firewall pad and engine compartment seals.
"Tuna can" oil sump with extended (lower) oil pick-up tube.
New stainless steel Heat Exchangers and heater tubes and control valves.
Borla stainless steel dual tip muffler. (Very rare, only between 10-20 made).
New starter.
Front mounted oil cooler with dual fans (thermostatically controlled), remote oil filter, utilizing aviation quality oil lines and hardware. Total oil capacity is 6 qts.
Complete fuel system O/H (tank dipped and sealed, 3/8" stainless steel fuel lines from front to back, new Mallory fuel pump, aviation quality fuel lines and hardware). There are three fuel filters, one before the fuel pump and one before each carb.
New stock spec KYB shocks.
New Good Year Eagle Sport 195/65 tires, balance and 4-wheel alignment (less than 1000 miles).
Turbo tie-rod ends were installed when the tires were replaced.
New master cylinder (17mm), rebuilt rear calipers, new brake pads front and rear, fresh brake fluid.
Digital instruments, cyl head temp, oil temp, and volt meter, in center console (can easily be converted back to analog for that original look).
Toggle switches for fuel pump, starter, and windshield washer fluid (converted to electric pump), (can easily be converted back to stock configuration).
Refurbished Blaupunkt AM/FM radio w/ two new speakers (for that original look and sound).
Optima Red gel battery (no acid leaks).
Speedometer O/H by N. Hollywood Speedometer (odo did not work).
Right outside mirror installed, left outside mirror replaced.
Original first print edition owner's manual in excellent condition.

Have receipts for all the work performed.

Porsche Certificate of Authenticity.

This is not a garage queen, but a great looking and fun car that can be used as a daily driver with an engine that has a very strong mid-range and that pulls easily to red-line.

An 8 out of 10 cosmetically. A 9.9 out of 10 mechanically.

Car needs nothing but your personal touch.

PPI welcomed/encouraged.

Have about $60k invested.
You can text me at (805)279-7815 or e-mail at kgruen2@aol.com
More pics on request.
ValcoOscar
I saw this car up close back in April at our 2018 Route 66 gathering.
Truly well put together, prospective buyer will not be disappointed.
Owner couldn’t have been nicer. Both of our cars have that exact same Raby engine so surely a blast to drive.
Someone here please buy this beauty.
I can assist in trailering this car to SoCal if needed. My P Hauler is ready!!!

white914.jpg

Oscar
kgruen2
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Nov 6 2018, 06:03 AM) *

I saw this car up close back in April at our 2018 Route 66 gathering.
Truly well put together, prospective buyer will not be disappointed.
Owner couldn’t have been nicer. Both of our cars have that exact same Raby engine so surely a blast to drive.
Someone here please buy this beauty.
I can assist in trailering this car to SoCal if needed. My P Hauler is ready!!!

white914.jpg

Oscar

Hi Oscar. Congrats on your car being the Car of the Month. Thank you for the kind words.

Karl
kgruen2
Per request, more pics:
kgruen2
Recent work completed by Patrick Motorsports in Dec. 2018. Replaced stock engine mounted oil cooler. Cleaned up some electrical wiring while engine was out. Re-mounted the fuel pump (much quieter now) and replaced weeping fuel lines.

e-mail: kgruen2@aol.com or call/text (805)279-7815
kgruen2
Must sell. Priced accordingly. $22.5k (that's how much I have in the engine and exhaust system alone.)

e-mail: krguen2@aol.com or call/text (805)279-7815
kgruen2
Must sell. Priced accordingly. $22.5k (that's how much I have in the engine and exhaust system alone.)

e-mail: krguen2@aol.com or call/text (805)279-7815
MikeInMunich
Awesome deal with that engine! drooley.gif

Wish I was in the market / could buy it! sad.gif

GLWTS! beerchug.gif
soccerplyr
My Dad saw you driving today and chased you down in his truck so he could take pictures to send me. Hahaha. He said the car looks great and he was glad he didn't run into you will driving and taking pictures.

kgruen2
QUOTE(soccerplyr @ Dec 13 2018, 07:17 PM) *

My Dad saw you driving today and chased you down in his truck so he could take pictures to send me. Hahaha. He said the car looks great and he was glad he didn't run into you will driving and taking pictures.

I did see someone in a truck taking pics. Glad you liked them. The car does look great in person. beerchug.gif
kgruen2
Bumped.
Jazzy
Email sent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.