Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: horn pad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
milwlandrover
Good morning guys,

On to my next project. I have no horn so I pulled off the pad and found no wires and the screws holding the "tabbed" ring are loose. I am going to order parts but want to be sure I get every thing I need. I will order the rubber return, I have a new contact, most likely the steering wheel contact ring. Do I need anything else?

As always, thank you very much

cheers!
mepstein
Brown wire from the steering wheel base to the (very) small metal tab on the metal ring of the horn pad. You don't need any additional parts on the horn pad.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
your car uses a rubbing block on the steering column then on the butterfly a horn boot, and in the hole in the steering wheel a horn contact stalk to connect the pad to the rubbing block. That is all you need as long as the three pronged horn spring is not broken and well insulated and the three screws tight

QUOTE(milwlandrover @ Nov 6 2018, 06:38 AM) *

Good morning guys,

On to my next project. I have no horn so I pulled off the pad and found no wires and the screws holding the "tabbed" ring are loose. I am going to order parts but want to be sure I get every thing I need. I will order the rubber return, I have a new contact, most likely the steering wheel contact ring. Do I need anything else?

As always, thank you very much

cheers!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.