Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Black Friday at 914 Rubber
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Matty900
Hey guys, I have been getting lots of calls and messages about Black Friday. Yes, we will be doing a big event again this year. We are trying to get everything on the new site to try and make it easier for you to find things. I could use about another month to get ready for this but it is what it is at this point. I will continue working on this through the weekend to get listings and kits created. We will try and space out the restocking to try and make it fair for everyone. This is really our chance to give back to the community that has supported us for so long and we will have some great deals but it is more about us wanting to help you guys out. So on that note, please let me know if there are things on your list to Santa so I can do my best to help.
Cheers,
Matt Whitesell santa_smiley.gif
914Rubber
Shadowfax
Targa bar, please hide.gif

Hope you, Mark and everyone at 914 Rubber have a happy Thanksgiving. I know I am very thankful for 914 Rubber driving.gif white914.jpg
ValcoOscar
popcorn[1].gif idea.gif popcorn[1].gif idea.gif popcorn[1].gif

aktion035.gif

Oscar
Tdskip
Excellent.

Any idea on timing, sounds like next week?
rhodyguy
It doesn't have to be on the Friday after. Relax and enjoy the weekend.
wes
w00t.gif
PanelBilly
Woohoo
rjames
It's not that expensive, but if it's going to be cheaper I'll wait.
Click to view attachment

Thanks for all the great products you guys provide.
Would love it if you could add a complete vacuum hose kit.
Matty900
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Nov 21 2018, 11:23 AM) *

It doesn't have to be on the Friday after. Relax and enjoy the weekend.

Thank you, but it's like working on a car for a show, the deadline pushes me to get things done screwy.gif
Chris914n6
There have been "black Friday" sales ongoing all week from big retailers. No reason you have to rush for Friday. I'm cool with it being 1st 2nd 3rd weeks of December... my car ain't going anywhere this winter yellowsleep[1].gif
Plus I'll be busy Friday with other stuff.

Since you asked... make me feel fuzzy with a whole door kit santa_smiley.gif
Chi-town
Do a Cyber Monday so you can enjoy the holiday
Costa05
Door seals, end caps, fuzzies etc.
Late style doors. Thanks again for the help identifying which version I have. beerchug.gif
Rich
bbrock
Well that's lousy timing biggrin.gif I just placed my big order for your giant Restoration Kit last night, but there are still a couple things I'll be looking for in the sale. Me seats is in need of some love. beerchug.gif
worn
QUOTE(wes @ Nov 21 2018, 12:23 PM) *

w00t.gif

agree.gif
Coondog
Dash pad
mtndawg
I'm ready to buy some new 914 stuff, whatever it is, whenever it is. type.gif
aharder
QUOTE(Shadowfax @ Nov 21 2018, 01:03 PM) *

Targa bar, please hide.gif

agree.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(Chi-town @ Nov 21 2018, 06:09 PM) *

Do a Cyber Monday so you can enjoy the holiday

Plans are to include something for cyber Monday too. All weekend event.
Bruce
bahnzai
Bumper tops to go with Oscar’s new chrome bumpers smile.gif
tomh
Targa bar???
Any ideas when?
Matty900
QUOTE(bahnzai @ Nov 22 2018, 03:20 AM) *

Bumper tops to go with Oscar’s new chrome bumpers smile.gif

There will be lots of bumpers on sale. icon_bump.gif
Matty900
After working in the shop until about 3am trying to get things listed on the new website headbang.gif (Kate even stayed until after midnight) I have come to this conclusion. Yes, there are still bugs to work out on the new site. So here is what the plan is. We will put everything but a few things that we can't get easily on sale to help out as many people as possible. The Sale will run through the whole weekend and I will continue to work on this through the weekend. There is no "Black Friday Section" so the specials will be listed where they would normally appear in the parts catalog. Hopefully this means the guy that really needs the part is going to find the deal and be very happy.
Like an Easter egg hunt, oh wait, wrong holiday idea.gif
I will be adding new listings and specials as I get them completed. I will try and break up the special deals to try and make it fair for everyone.

New for this year is Gift Cards and we will be doing something with that on Cyber Monday.

Thank you everyone for your patience and support. Have a great Thanksgiving
Cheers,
Matt and the whole family at 914 Rubber
mepstein
Thanks for all you do beerchug.gif

Happy Thanksgiving
bbrock
Hey Matt, will this be on the new site or old one? And if on the new site, do we need to re-register? My login doesn't seem to work on the new site.

Thanks for doing this! beerchug.gif
Coondog
Thanks Matt, your the best..... first.gif
Matty900
QUOTE(bbrock @ Nov 22 2018, 11:28 AM) *

Hey Matt, will this be on the new site or old one? And if on the new site, do we need to re-register? My login doesn't seem to work on the new site.

Thanks for doing this! beerchug.gif

It will be on the new site. You will need to create a new account. Due to the way we we are set up for privacy, we a not able to just transfer the customer information out of the old site and into the new one. Sign up for the news letter while you're at it, it is going to be very cool, and not just about selling you parts. piratenanner.gif
Matty900
QUOTE(Coondog @ Nov 22 2018, 11:30 AM) *

Thanks Matt, your the best..... first.gif

pray.gif thank you for the compliment, but this is a team effort. Blake, Scott, Kate, Christopher, Taylor and Rachel are really the best first.gif
PanelBilly
My wonderful wife greeted me this morning with a gift card present! I’m a lucky guy.
drem914
Sorry for asking a dumb question, but which 914Rubber site should we be going through?
There are a couple portals to two completely different formatted sites.
Matty900
QUOTE(drem914 @ Nov 22 2018, 03:47 PM) *

Sorry for asking a dumb question, but which 914Rubber site should we be going through?
There are a couple portals to two completely different formatted sites.

I added this with a link to the old landing page
Click to view attachment

https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/
mb911
Matt do you have a any pictures of the RS door panel's?
Matty900
QUOTE(mb911 @ Nov 23 2018, 04:19 AM) *

Matt do you have a any pictures of the RS door panel's?

One of the many I still need. I will post it as soon as I can find one. Need to get a little sleep so I can get back at it. It is going to be a long weekend, but at the end of it the site should be a lot better.
Morph914
Matt,

Thank you for all of the nice discounts for the black Fri sale! I just purchased a bunch of goodies but was unable to view the list of items offered in the late rubber kit for $679. I am waiting to see the list before pulling the trigger on this kit.

Cheers,
John
mepstein
I like the new site alot. Big improvement. beerchug.gif
bbrock
No affiliation with the vendor, but I would assume the catalog listings on the old site still apply to what is offered on the new one and could provide references for pics and contents. For example:

RS style door panels: https://shop.914rubber.com/Porsche-914-RS-s...m?categoryId=-1

Late Rubber Kit: https://shop.914rubber.com/914-Late-Rubber-...kage-914LRK.htm

That's what I've been doing anyway.
cary
I saw an Instagram post at 1:30 and a post here at 5am.
Based on my many long nights working with Matt on his car. He should bounce back about 10:30 or 11 .....................
Morph914
QUOTE(bbrock @ Nov 23 2018, 10:24 AM) *

No affiliation with the vendor, but I would assume the catalog listings on the old site still apply to what is offered on the new one and could provide references for pics and contents. For example:

RS style door panels: https://shop.914rubber.com/Porsche-914-RS-s...m?categoryId=-1

Late Rubber Kit: https://shop.914rubber.com/914-Late-Rubber-...kage-914LRK.htm

That's what I've been doing anyway.

Thank you, I'll try that

Cheers,
John
Mr Pharmacist
Mark,

I'm looking to buy an upholstery kit for a seat - do you have a cover available for an early passenger (fixed) seat base as well that i can order at the same time?

thanks
Mikey914
You can order all weekend. We are actually shipping out starting Monday and will consolidate to save money on shipping. We have done this as we keep adding specials at random times. This allows you to keep shopping and only have to pay shipping on the total.
Thanks to all,
Mark

PS wish I could have been more involved with this but new job means I'll be able to make even MORE NEW PARTS!!!!
bbrock
Hit a glitch on the site. Placed an order this morning without issue. Trying to place another but it tells me none of the shipping options are available for my address so I can't place the order. I am in the boonies but we do have roads, mailboxes, and electricity. smile.gif I'll keep trying but thought you might want to know.
Morph914
QUOTE(bbrock @ Nov 23 2018, 02:58 PM) *

Hit a glitch on the site. Placed an order this morning without issue. Trying to place another but it tells me none of the shipping options are available for my address so I can't place the order. I am in the boonies but we do have roads, mailboxes, and electricity. smile.gif I'll keep trying but thought you might want to know.

The same thing happened to me... I pm'ed Matt to let him know. I also ordered a bunch of stuff earlier in the day with no issues.
Matty900
QUOTE(Mr Pharmacist @ Nov 23 2018, 08:51 AM) *

Mark,

I'm looking to buy an upholstery kit for a seat - do you have a cover available for an early passenger (fixed) seat base as well that i can order at the same time?

thanks

Not at this time. However we are hoping to raise enough through the sale this weekend to to set up to do these and more upholstery services.
Highland
I know this is a stupid question, but prices are good through the weekend, yes?

Don't want to miss anything in my order so some extra time helps. smile.gif
mb911
Ordered stuff that I didn't need right now but good prices.. Thanks guys..
Steve
Is the new web site slow or is it just me? All other sites including this one load fast.
euro911
QUOTE(Mr Pharmacist @ Nov 23 2018, 08:51 AM) *
Mark,

thanks
Same here, Mark & Matt.

Mark & I discussed this via PM a couple weeks ago.

I want to order tan fabric for the seats, backpad and both door panels for my '71, but I don't see where those parts are on the new site confused24.gif

HELP
Matty900
QUOTE(Morph914 @ Nov 23 2018, 12:50 PM) *

QUOTE(bbrock @ Nov 23 2018, 02:58 PM) *

The same thing happened to me... I pm'ed Matt to let him know. I also ordered a bunch of stuff earlier in the day with no issues.

I think I have the reordering issue fixed. Let me know if you still have any issues. beerchug.gif
Matty900
QUOTE(Highland @ Nov 23 2018, 05:34 PM) *

I know this is a stupid question, but prices are good through the weekend, yes?

Don't want to miss anything in my order so some extra time helps. smile.gif

agree.gif I could have used another month to get ready for this sale. I am still getting products on the site and working on the listings so they show up on the site correctly and have the affiliated parts with them that make sense. The exploded diagrams are a good start to making it easier to find things, unfortunately, to get to the part you want to work on you are probably going to want parts that are on at least 1 if not several other exploded diagrams. One of the most frustrating things for me when I am working on my car and trying to make progress is to have my time set aside to work on the car and have to stop because I need a part that I didn't realize that I needed headbang.gif So I am doing my best to try and recommend the things you may need "While your in there" right?
So I am getting long winded, (probably because of the sleep deprivation), but I am trying to make it worth your while for having to wait on me to get more of the deals put together. See my next post and you will see what I am talking about, I just don't want to bury the lede here. beerchug.gif
Matty900
Ok, I have put some Major deals on the site

Thank you for your patience guys. Hopefully, this will make the wait worthwhile.
The sale will go through the weekend.

This is the big Deal for Saturday and I have left the rest of the sales one everything else too. piratenanner.gif

Click to view attachment

Now it is time for some sleep
beerchug.gif Guys
Matty900
QUOTE(Steve @ Nov 23 2018, 06:30 PM) *

Is the new web site slow or is it just me? All other sites including this one load fast.

It is slowing down as I continue to work on it and make updates live. It will cause it to stop and reindex things. Sorry about that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.