Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Outside Door window rubber
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
lwells8433
I am restoring a 1973 914 2.0l

One thing that I cannot get right or to work correctly are those rubber strips that go on the outside of the door windows that squeegees the water and keeps the water out. I bought multiple pieces from different websites and even from a local shop. When you roll window up it’s good but when you roll the window down it pulls the rubber piece down with it. I know that everything is installed correctly, my father in law use to own a restoration shop for Porsche and I had him check everything. We have not been able to figure out the best way to make this work. Do we cut the rubber to make it work or is there a rubber piece from another car we can use. I know this is a known issue but I need some help to get this figured out. Thanks
RAX914
Get it from 914rubber. They will probably be a part of tomorrow's Black Friday sale:

https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/l...craper-seal-set
davep
I don't believe I have seen that problem before. I still have some old stock from many years ago. However, it would seem that the rubber is a bit too sticky so perhaps a bit of silicone solution could be applied to the rubber. I am not sure if Rain-x would help if applied to the glass.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.