Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wow I never knew that 914s could be so beautiful
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Click to view attachment
Andyrew
Not sure if thats sarcasm, but I think its a very well done Chalon car only missing the Fuch wheels.
bretth
Yeah, better than new? huh.gif
burton73
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Nov 30 2018, 07:40 AM) *

Not sure if thats sarcasm, but I think its a very well done Chalon car only missing the Fuch wheels.

Yea what Andrew said,
Bob B agree.gif
GregAmy
I've always had a soft spot for the Chalons. Kinda takes off some of the '70s edginess of the 914 styling. Plus, it diverts the design toward the slant-nose 911 that many seem to covet.

I agree that I'd prefer a different wheel style.
barefoot
Chalon lovefest.
Here's mine with the bodywork as I got it. Rust was minimal, the only thing needed was rear trunk replacement panel and a little work in the hell hole.

Mine apparently was somewhat modified (and I think improved)
the rear wheel arch air vents (where my oil cooler will reside) & the deletion of the front bumper accordion look. Rectangular fog lites will go in those openings.
BTW the rear wing is gone now. Hope to have on the road early next year ???

Click to view attachment
IronHillRestorations
I always liked the look of the Chalon, but I've never seen one in person. The 911 slope nose and flairs soften the boxy lines of the car. I've always wondered about the integrity of the chassis, and how the sail panel clamshells work. Fiberglass doesn't make for good fenders either. I think I'd like the Chalon front clip with stock GT flairs in the back better.

I like stock 914's too.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we even have some of the original Mitcom molds and parts to recreate the car (or at least part of it!!)
theer
I've always liked the Chalon look. George's looks a little silly with narrow tires sitting in those rear flares - but that's an easy fix.

I really like Barefoot's mod's - definitely getting a 924/944 vibe from the front end... And the offroad rally stance!!
Rand
This has to be trolling. Welcome George for ramping that up. I don't like it here. Do it on your own site.

Chalames will never win.
SirAndy
barf.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 30 2018, 12:20 PM) *

barf.gif

agree.gif
napasteve
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Nov 30 2018, 12:13 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 30 2018, 12:20 PM) *

barf.gif

agree.gif

I second the motion....
rgalla9146
QUOTE(barefoot @ Nov 30 2018, 12:50 PM) *

Chalon lovefest.
Here's mine with the bodywork as I got it. Rust was minimal, the only thing needed was rear trunk replacement panel and a little work in the hell hole.

Mine apparently was somewhat modified (and I think improved)
the rear wheel arch air vents (where my oil cooler will reside) & the deletion of the front bumper accordion look. Rectangular fog lites will go in those openings.
BTW the rear wing is gone now. Hope to have on the road early next year ???

Click to view attachment

Off road version too !
pete000
I liked the Chalon 914 when I was 17 !

How times have changed, lol !
dr914@autoatlanta.com
you know it, they used to cut up 911 turbo cars to make slant noses out of them!!!!

QUOTE(pete000 @ Nov 30 2018, 02:30 PM) *

mepstein
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Nov 30 2018, 05:12 PM) *

you know it, they used to cut up 911 turbo cars to make slant noses out of them!!!!

And front date early (911) cars to short hoods and impact bumpers. It was a dark time.
GeorgeRud
Let’s assume it was due to drugs! Disco was also popular back then, so you have to wonder about folk’s choices.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
good call along with the rear update kits!!!
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 30 2018, 03:15 PM) *

And front date early (911) cars to short hoods and impact bumpers. It was a dark time.

Click to view attachment
worn
QUOTE(Rand @ Nov 30 2018, 11:04 AM) *

This has to be trolling. Welcome George for ramping that up. I don't like it here. Do it on your own site.

Chalames will never win.

Win what? Ahhh heck, no one told me.
pilothyer
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 30 2018, 01:20 PM) *

barf.gif

Totally Agree barf.gif
carl k
I don't think it's George's. The car is advertised on SF Craigslist.

Click to view attachment

QUOTE(theer @ Nov 30 2018, 10:58 AM) *

George's looks a little silly with narrow tires sitting in those rear flares - but that's an easy fix.

mepstein
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Nov 30 2018, 05:49 PM) *

good call along with the rear update kits!!!
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 30 2018, 03:15 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Sad sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.