Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nuts, Bolts and Fasteners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
ctc911ctc
Recently, doing my first restore, I found myself spending a great deal of time refurbishing nuts and bolts that looked like very standard fastener stock,

Has anyone cataloged all of the fasteners on a 914? I am thinking of buying inventory of these sorts of things to provide a more 'close-to-new' appearance.

Thoughts from this esteemed group are sought.

CTC911CTC

bbrock
I'm in the same spot on my resto. AA sells kit that supposedly contains all of the fasteners (except seat belt bolts) found in the Group 8: Body section of the PET http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-914-Har...-Kits-srch.html I don't know anything else about it.

I'm still going to have as many of the common nuts and bolts replated as I can. I've bought an assortment of hex bolts, nuts, and washers in M6, M8, and M10 sizes as well as the common screw sizes from Belmetric but I keep thinking how nice it would be to have a spread sheet that lists how many of what are on the car.

popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.