Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: must..stop..going on...ebay..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
Boxster running gear.
2.7 with transaxle
redshift
smile.gif
Howard
How much harder to do than a Chev or Suby conversion? Bring me the chainsaw, Igor laugh.gif
Joe Bob
Does that use WATER or sumthin?
Howard
QUOTE ("*" @ Jun 19 2005, 09:24 PM)
Does that use WATER or sumthin?

Never use water. Fish fuck in it. Glycol only.
Aaron Cox
something about a cable shifter...and relocated rear suspension to do aboxster swap idea.gif
jgiroux67
Why would you have to relocate the suspension?
Mueller
QUOTE (jgiroux67 @ Jun 19 2005, 11:19 PM)
Why would you have to relocate the suspension?

supposedly the boxster engine is too wide and it'll hit the trailing arm "ears"........of course I seen no reason why one couldn't just move the engine a little closer to the firewall..similar to the new subaru kit from renegade...I bet it would fit then.....
Howard
Tube rear sub frame to handle entire boxster engine, tranny, rear susp. Oh shit. Not another project beer.gif
Aaron Cox
DO IT howie....

you still have that 2.7 CIS motor?
Howard
Yup. It would cost less to buy this than rebuild the 2.7. Nice fit for your car A-ron biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
Remove the suspension ears.

Now that I have your attention, use the 996 rear suspension complete. Just make mounts for the 996 rear subframe and weld them to the underside of the 914.

Big brakes, a functioning parkbrake, and a full double wishbone rear suspension for a 914 smilie_pokal.gif

Howard
996 or 997?
Mueller
QUOTE (Howard @ Jun 20 2005, 02:09 PM)
996 or 997?

either one.....figure newer might cost more wacko.gif

986 would be just about the same design if I'm correct...not too much different between the newer mid and rear engined P-car suspensions...sometimes the rear engined units are a little beefier smash.gif
ClayPerrine
I did all the research on this a few months back. The 996 rear suspension complete with brakes and hubs is 3K. It would take flares to put it on the rear of a 914 because of the offset, but the front mounts for the suspension would end up really close to where the current mounting ears are for the trailing arms. The rear would end up close to the cross brace in the rear trunk that supports the transmission.

It's hard to tell exactly where things would fit, but it looks like it would be really cool.

Now take that suspension, add a 996 front suspension by removing the wheel well s and replacing them with the 996 parts, a boxster 6 speed and cable shifter, and a VW W12 motor (500 HP, dry sumped, 12 cylinder engine that is no longer than a flat 6) and you get a 914 supercar.

That's where Miles got the idea that I wanted to put 2 jetta motors in a 914.

Just imagine the sound of a 12 cylinder engine coming from a 914!!

Now if you really want to get radical, find the W16 that VW builds! Same motor with 4 more cylinders, and about 800HP. Can you say "chassis stiffining kit?"
neo914-6
Oh it WILL fit w/o 914 susp, I've seen Jason's. Should've taken a pic but you know how ph34r.gif he is... laugh.gif
Lot's of sawzall-smiley.gif and welder.gif but it will be cool...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.