Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brutus the 916 going to Paris in February
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
dr914@autoatlanta.com
nice hemmings motor news article on Brutus, the car is in Paris now:

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2019/01/28/br...ory/?refer=news
struckn
Hemmings On Line today has a write up on Brutus going to auction and it's history.
sixnotfour
$1.3million is my star gazing guesstimate first.gif stirthepot.gif
sixnotfour
dup
flipb
Lowball, I'm going with €650.000... that's close to $745K.

hide.gif
dyckster
I went to the Pete when the porsche display was there. Came a long way to see it but it was well worth it. Kids didn't want to stick around for the vault, and my wife asks where is the 914. We both figured there should be one teener. Had no idea that this was in the basement, probably my one and only chance to see it too. If I had to guess, 550k us.
P.s. I would love to have a poster of this car and specs for my wall. I doubt it exists tho
EdwardBlume
Changing mine to 1.2MM USD. Leno or Seinfeld? Someone knows what this car is worth....
dr914@autoatlanta.com
April 2010, my how times have changed!

Click to view attachment
GregAmy
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 29 2019, 05:26 PM) *

Well, let's be fair: this particular VIN has provenance. If it wasn't *this* car I don't think we'd be talking close to these kinda numbers.

I'm surprised Porsche hasn't tried to acquire it for the museum.
mountainroads
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 29 2019, 02:26 PM) *

And prior to that, it was available at dealership in San Fran. Late 2005 or early 2006? I believe the ask at the time was something like $175k, although I think it actually moved for more than that. Not certain on the precise details. Please feel free to correct me. if wrong. I briefly considered, but heard about it too late to seriously act. Scroll down in the link below to see the pics at the time.

https://www.carsauto.com/1972-porsche-916-c-315.htm

- MR
sixnotfour
aint no Brutus
mountainroads
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 31 2019, 09:24 AM) *

aint no Brutus

True, but it's a genuine 916 and there aren't many data points. Apologies if the point was unclear.

- MR
sixnotfour
QUOTE(mountainroads @ Jan 31 2019, 12:24 PM) *

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 31 2019, 09:24 AM) *

aint no Brutus

True, but it's a genuine 916 and there aren't many data points. Apologies if the point was unclear.

- MR

your correct , Brutus has a more lustrous past popcorn[1].gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
that was the old Jerry Leonard car, and I agree, no real providence except being a 916. Think that the Peter Gregg Brumos car we has some though

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 31 2019, 10:24 AM) *

aint no Brutus

Click to view attachment
GregAmy
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 31 2019, 02:59 PM) *

that was the old Jerry Leonard car, and I agree, no real providence except being a 916.

Even though I kinda mentioned something toward that earlier up...I still found myself chuckling at a casual comment about a friggin teener going for "only $330,000"... biggrin.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
you make me laugh, Greg. We will see next Friday in Paris. could set a 914 world record, I will report back

QUOTE(GregAmy @ Jan 31 2019, 01:41 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 31 2019, 02:59 PM) *

that was the old Jerry Leonard car, and I agree, no real providence except being a 916.

Even though I kinda mentioned something toward that earlier up...I still found myself chuckling at a causal comment about a friggin teener going for "only $330,000"... biggrin.gif
Larmo63
I thought the described "body off restoration" misnomer was the gaffe.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Here we go, one writers's opinion!

http://www.westside-59.com/Worlds-12-Rarest-Cars.htm
mountainroads
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 31 2019, 11:59 AM) *

that was the old Jerry Leonard car, and I agree, no real providence except being a 916. Think that the Peter Gregg Brumos car we has some though

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 31 2019, 10:24 AM) *

aint no Brutus

Click to view attachment

You guys are funny fellas. As if being a genuine 916 isn't special enough. Agreed that Brutus is a truly unique example of a very rare model. Auction results will be very interesting.

BTW I read the "author's opinion article". Almost all of those prices seem wildly optimistic to me, but hey - just my opinion.

- MR
Cal
Is Brutus being sold at no reserve?
sixnotfour
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yes no reserve.

QUOTE(Cal @ Feb 1 2019, 05:12 AM) *

Is Brutus being sold at no reserve?

zulu33
Sorry for disturbing your dreams but did anybody see the RSR engine? On the pics there are only MFI or carb engines. No twin spark, no megaphones – no output. Is the engine still in process?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Well it is Monday Feb 4 and we are leaving for Paris later today, please wish Brutus luck in his auction to "fetch" the highest price of any 914 ever, if so it will certainly benefit all of us 914 owners.

So I will be off the phones for ten days, if you need me just e mail.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
here is a link if you want to keep track of the auction:

https://www.invaluable.com/auction-lot/1971...utus-2DC4A7FAD2
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(zulu33 @ Feb 1 2019, 10:40 AM) *

Sorry for disturbing your dreams but did anybody see the RSR engine? On the pics there are only MFI or carb engines. No twin spark, no megaphones – no output. Is the engine still in process?

Same question they are asking on the Hemmings Motors comments section (online ) a couple days ago blink.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 4 2019, 12:41 PM) *

Well it is Monday Feb 4 and we are leaving for Paris later today, please wish Brutus luck in his auction to "fetch" the highest price of any 914 ever, if so it will certainly benefit all of us 914 owners.

So George, if a USA person wins the bid price...does this car come back to the states with a bill of sale, Stateside duty fees, or does it still retain the title/ pink slip (note: simple title transfer) from the USA owner that is selling this car in France??
dr914@autoatlanta.com
it will come back duty free, Marty. Also the import duties have been paid in Europe so the European buyer will not suffer either.

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Feb 4 2019, 01:59 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 4 2019, 12:41 PM) *

So George, if a USA person wins the bid price...does this car come back to the states with a bill of sale, Stateside duty fees, or does it still retain the title/ pink slip (note: simple title transfer) from the USA owner that is selling this car in France??
rhodyguy
Funny that importation duties have been paid prior to knowing what the value of the car is. Given the pedigree/history, loopholes must have been found.
Ferg
Looks like it went for 800k EUR so about 905k usd.

Cal
Sold for $905,000.00 plus buyers fee.....
wndsrfr
QUOTE(Cal @ Feb 8 2019, 10:50 AM) *

Well bought.....Hey George, now you can take the wife to Disney World for a week or so!
Andyrew
Damn I was hoping it would hit 1M.

Still great news for 914 owners everywhere!
Cal
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Feb 8 2019, 02:39 PM) *

Damn I was hoping it would hit 1M.

Still great news for 914 owners everywhere!

I believe it did with the 16% buyers fee....all-in it sold for $1,096,640.00

https://www.classic-car-auctions.info/europ...uction-results/
JmuRiz
Wonder who got it....I guess we'll find out if it's seen in the Porsche Museum or in known hangouts of Jerry
rhodyguy
So...do you stare at it or drive it?
GeorgeRud
A piece of Porsche history, and a bit of what could have possibly been.
mountainroads
QUOTE(Cal @ Feb 8 2019, 10:50 AM) *

And as they say, the market has spoken. That opinionated writer might want to readjust his opinion ( http://www.westside-59.com/Worlds-12-Rarest-Cars.htm ):

Click to view attachment
charliew
about all I can afford are the knockoff bumpers.
rgalla9146
Dr. Wonderful owned the car ?
sixnotfour
that statement is misleading the cumulative sales are ....is what it could be.. wrong..
twash
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Feb 8 2019, 05:50 PM) *

that statement is misleading the cumulative sales are ....is what it could be.. wrong..

sets a new level for 914-6 cars, wonder what it will do for the other unique/ special 914-6"s
Craigers17
So anyone know who the new owner is?
Andyrew
QUOTE(twash @ Feb 14 2019, 10:44 AM) *

sets a new level for 914-6 cars, wonder what it will do for the other unique/ special 914-6"s

I wonder if the owner of the prototype will finally find a buyer for it?
sixnotfour
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Feb 14 2019, 02:52 PM) *

Its probably still under a tarp at moms house...
Andyrew
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Feb 14 2019, 02:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Feb 14 2019, 02:52 PM) *

Its probably still under a tarp at moms house...

headbang.gif
bs.gif
sixnotfour
DR AA visted 2015...from the club site..
We have an open line of communication, but you are right, the owner, as the nephew said, "thinks that the car is worth the price of a nice 916!" That puts it way out of sight for any reasonable person. We will continue to work with the nephew and maybe convince the Uncle to do the right thing by the car (and not for the money (he only paid 200 dollars for the car) and sell it reasonably to someone who will preserve it like it needs to be and not just buy it to speculate.
The nephew took the site down a couple of years ago, the car now sits in a cramped back yard under a camouflage net
rhodyguy
$200? Which vehicle is being discussed?
mepstein
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 15 2019, 11:00 AM) *

$200? Which vehicle is being discussed?

914 prototype. The one B**d tried to steal.
rhodyguy
Oh, #4. I saw it when we were in Campbell. See thru pans.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.