Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TDC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave97
Is there a way to figure out number 1 TDC with the engine n the car? I don't see any factory marks on either the flywheel or fan. Someone painted the fan with marks. I checked with a timing light and curve works for the Mallory distributor at idle and at 3000. I was going to pull out the distributor. Ideas?
Minerva's 914
QUOTE(Dave97 @ Dec 26 2018, 11:06 PM) *

Is there a way to figure out number 1 TDC with the engine n the car? I don't see any factory marks on either the flywheel or fan. Someone painted the fan with marks. I checked with a timing light and curve works for the Mallory distributor at idle and at 3000. I was going to pull out the distributor. Ideas?

Best resource is @;

https://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...alve_adjust.htm

Copying the link is way quicker than me rewriting it here.

Hope this helps
mjrrti
Pull the plugs, follow the plug wire from #1 back to the cap and rotate the engine by hand until the rotor points at the #1 location on the cap. Look in the opening on the top and back (flywheel end) of the case. There should be a groove in the flywheel that lines with case halves where they join. That is TDC for 1 & 3. Make sure the rotor points at #1 in the dizzy and you should be there.
914 Ranch
It is not easy to see. Everyone sees the v in the casting and thinks thats it but if you're not looking at the back side of the hole you are looking at the wrong v. There are 2 V's in that hole, one towards the front of the car and one towards the rear. It is easier to see with the engine cover off. It is almost straight down the rear of the hole.

Not that this has anything to do with this but is some funny shit. Do a search for "Chopsticks".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.