Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: brake pad retainer pins
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bbrock
Okay, I'm tracking down missing bits for when I put my brakes back together. PET shows two part numbers for rear calipers on a four but it is leaves the difference a mystery:

901-351-913-14 is insanely expensive but available.
914-352-925-00 is NLA

I'm pretty sure that the NLA pin is the one with the fat lugs that require us to drill a mount hole on modern pads to make them fit, and that the other pins could be substituted with the bonus of no longer needing to drill pads. Can anyone verify?
914Sixer
Got a dozen or so that can be cleaned and plated. Let me know what you need. Also have some new aftermarket small pins.
bbrock
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 27 2018, 03:57 PM) *

Got a dozen or so that can be cleaned and plated. Let me know what you need. Also have some new aftermarket small pins.

I'll shoot you a PM. I'll be putting together a WTB for these and misc. other stuff so I'll try to get organized first. For pins, I need a set for one rear caliper but also need a complete set of 4 up front, plus spring spreaders, retaining clips, etc. Like I said, need to get organized. beerchug.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
you are right, but we have the kits not, both four and six

QUOTE(bbrock @ Dec 27 2018, 03:54 PM) *

Okay, I'm tracking down missing bits for when I put my brakes back together. PET shows two part numbers for rear calipers on a four but it is leaves the difference a mystery:

901-351-913-14 is insanely expensive but available.
914-352-925-00 is NLA

I'm pretty sure that the NLA pin is the one with the fat lugs that require us to drill a mount hole on modern pads to make them fit, and that the other pins could be substituted with the bonus of no longer needing to drill pads. Can anyone verify?
JawjaPorsche
Pelican has a complete set with all hardware. This link for front:

https://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/SuperC...D_pg1.htm#item3
914Sixer
Be CAREFUL with the Centric hardware, half the time it is NOT correct. Kit shown is NOT correct.
bbrock
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Dec 27 2018, 05:06 PM) *

That's a good price compared with buying the pieces individually from Porsche. Even so, I'm a CSOB and will see what I can find used first but good to have a backup plan. I didn't see a kit for the fronts. Here's the direct link for anyone curious.
IPB Image
dr914@autoatlanta.com
front kits are commonly available and cheap there are late and early kits, and a 914-6 911t front kit

QUOTE(bbrock @ Dec 28 2018, 08:59 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Dec 27 2018, 05:06 PM) *

That's a good price compared with buying the pieces individually from Porsche. Even so, I'm a CSOB and will see what I can find used first but good to have a backup plan. I didn't see a kit for the fronts. Here's the direct link for anyone curious.
IPB Image
bbrock
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Dec 28 2018, 12:55 PM) *

front kits are commonly available and cheap there are late and early kits, and a 914-6 911t front kit

Where? All I've found were Centric kits and as was already mentioned - buyer beware. confused24.gif
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(bbrock @ Dec 28 2018, 07:55 PM) *

Where? All I've found were Centric kits and as was already mentioned - buyer beware. confused24.gif

See above. Pelican has Bosch kits.
bdstone914
popcorn[1].gif
bbrock
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Dec 29 2018, 05:20 AM) *

QUOTE(bbrock @ Dec 28 2018, 07:55 PM) *

I don't really want Bosch pads so would rather find a kit for just the hardware. I'm pretty sure the hardware in that kit is Centric. Near as I can tell, the kit pictured is two hardware sets (early and late) plus some extra pieces that I don't think were on either. Kind of leary about whether I would wind up with parts I need even if I ordered it.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
centric does not have a rear kit for the 914 just fronts and they are very cheap but not exactly like the originals but work fine

quote name='bbrock' date='Dec 29 2018, 09:08 AM' post='2677440']
[quote name='JawjaPorsche' post='2677387' date='Dec 29 2018, 05:20 AM']
[quote name='bbrock' post='2677325' date='Dec 28 2018, 07:55 PM']
[quote name='dr914@autoatlanta.com' post='2677278' date='Dec 28 2018, 12:55 PM']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't really want Bosch pads so would rather find a kit for just the hardware. I'm pretty sure the hardware in that kit is Centric. Near as I can tell, the kit pictured is two hardware sets (early and late) plus some extra pieces that I don't think were on either. Kind of leary about whether I would wind up with parts I need even if I ordered it.
[/quote]
tomeric914
Paging @Eric_Shea
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.